Votes
Elizabeth Colegrove
  • Hanford, CA
Votes |
Buildium

Elizabeth Colegrove
  • Hanford, CA
Posted Sep 3 2013, 12:22

Any one use Buildium before? Any issues, thoughts?

I am currently using the free trial. The tech support was great and they walked me through everything. I have used Quickbooks and Yardi before. This program seems to do everything that Yardi does only at a small business costs.

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Replied Jul 22 2016, 22:46
Originally posted by @Michael Healy:

I've checked out a few and Buildium rose to the top of the list in terms of features and price. I'm planning to use it once I close on my 14 units. I would go with AppFolio which I'm familiar with as a condo owner, but pricing minimum is steep for someone just starting out.

Hey Michael do you think Appfolio is worth the added costs?  I have about 35 units/houses that I self manage.  Does Appfolio beat out Buildium in usefulness, features etc or what is it about Appfolio that makes it more worth it to you if price wasn't concern?

I'm looking for ease of management as this whole check in the mail thing ain't working for me!

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Replied Jul 22 2016, 22:54
Originally posted by @David Gonzalez:

I use Buildium and I like it a lot! The company is really investing in developing their software so it will only get better with time. 

In the Residential Property Management Industry there are 3 big players in the field: AppFolio, Buildium, Propertyware. The following is an extremely brief breakdown of the 3 players.

Also I self- manage a few commercial spaces, would buildium or Appfolio be better for me?

In general is Buildium or Appfolio more useful for self-managing landlords?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Stephenson
  • Property Manager
  • Chapin, SC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Chapin, SC
Replied Jul 28 2016, 19:01

I have been using buildium for 3 years now and I love it. I started with 4 properties and now manage 80 on it. Rent collection is so easy as is assessing late fees as it is all done automatically. Also posting ads is as easy as clicking a button.

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Replied Jun 7 2017, 09:48
Originally posted by @Allison OBrien:

I am definitely going to check Buildium out! I also use a real estate virtual assistant for my business now and love it!

Do you use the virtual assistant with buildium?  It would be nice if someone who knew buildium could help with bookkeeping and managing on there 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Taylor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Moreland Georgia
Votes |
  • Moreland Georgia
Replied Aug 21 2017, 17:19

I hope all is well, are you still using Buildium?

User Stats

Votes
Terryl D.
  • Investor
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Providence, RI
Replied Aug 22 2017, 11:04

We've been using Buildium for almost a year now and we like it.  We still use quickbooks for our accounting only because Buildium doesn't allow you to (automatically) import your bank account transactions into their accounting platform.  Other than this one drawback, the software is excellent for keeping track of rental income and a host of other property management features.  We've tried a couple of different platforms over the years and Buildium stands out...  Our tenants also like using it as well for rent payment and work order requests.

User Stats

Votes
Marla B.
  • Wholesaler
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Aug 29 2017, 14:41

I have been paying for this service for months. I was promised technical support. Its just not there. The screens are not intuitive and the do not define their data points well so it is very difficult to move data from another software because many of the data points are ill defined.
Then they tell me that they do not know where Buildium generated this random "rent income" start date. Meanwhile the back ground noise in the call center drowns out the person that you are speaking with. For whatever reason, the call was disconnected three times.
Support line wait time is in excess of 30 minutes. After waiting 15 minutes I'm asked to give a callback number. (why wasn't I given that option BEFORE waiting 15 minutes?) I finally get a callback but have moved on to other work and have to get back to my question.

When I told the support staff these issues they recommended that I cancel the service.  

User Stats

Votes
Tony C.
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Jan 7 2019, 18:37
I Kurt, You mentioned that you were using buildium. so am I. you mentioned that you are also using a virtual assistance company. I'm in the market for a VA. Can you provide a reference? Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Paul Carter
  • Western PA
Votes |
  • Western PA
Replied May 12 2019, 13:46

I'm looking to hire a Virtual Assistant for Buildium account support.  I have many rental units, and have been using the software for about 6 months. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Paul

KAPACO