General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Jon K.
Votes |
Any DIY carpet stain removal methods?

Jon K.
Posted Sep 6 2013, 05:32

I really don't want to get Stanley Steamer to come out. Huge house, it would cost a small fortune to get them to come out... did that once before.

I've got old hard water stains from a previous leak on the carpet, cat pee, and misc spilled coffee type stains. It doesn't smell and is only slightly visible now -- it's mostly the old stains I've previously had carpet cleaned coming back.

I'm not able to replace the carpet now.

I've tried vinegar with baking soda on it. That made a huge mess and left white residue on the carpet too.

I've sprayed vinegar and water on the stains. That helped a little, but not fully.

I have an "at home" Bissell steam cleaner, but that's not good for "tough" stains.

Woolite carpet stain removal spray worked for one of the stains, but I would need way too many bottles of that to do the entire house. That would be pricey and tiring to spray everywhere. Is there a DIY alternative that I could pour on it?

Would it help to literally pour vinegar on the carpet stains with no water? Or put vinegar in my Bissell steam cleaner?

Any carpet stain removing tricks?

Any DIY kitchen stain removing recipes that actually work?

Loading replies...