San Jose Meetup - Friday 7/18/14

58 Replies

• 07/18/14 07:00PM
  • Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event. Report

Hi All,

@Jay Y. suggested this meetup and I am helping him post it. Last month we had over 20+ BP members attend, chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, July 18, 2014, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports in the same building as Five Guys on the other corner.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, 

@Kevin Young - I know we've been meaning to have coffee. Since you work in the San Jose area, maybe we can meet and chat here instead. 

@Johnson H.   @Jay Y.   Thank you for setting this up. I will be there. Let me know if I can help with anything

OK. I will be there.

Thanks to @Minh L.'s recommendation last time, I just completed the best $10 in my life. I am not just trying to be sensational here, but Mike Weese's book From Janitor to Multi-Millionaire is really an eye opener.  http://www.amazon.com/From-Janitor-Multi-Millionai..., especially the chapter about taxes!

I'll see if I can make to the meet up this time. A friday evening is hard for me to carve out.

Wow, this is down the street from my house. I'll be there.

@Jay Y. - Hey, did you receive notice that you were initially mentioned in this thread? I ask because I did a copy and paste and the name mentions look a bit different so I wonder if I have to mention everyone manually again.

Also, by the way folks, I'm hosting a commercial real estate investing workshop in San Jose on July 19th (next day after this event). We'll be educating on various topics, but mostly focusing on net leased investments, multifamily investing, and 1031 tax deferred exchanges. In addition, a CPA specializing in real estate and exchanges will be presenting on tax benefits of real estate investing. Definitely a wealth of knowledge. Totally free and complimentary by East West Bank and RE/MAX Commercial. Let me know if you folks want more details. 

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, 

@Kiran Reddy@Joan C.@Kevin Auyong@Susan Gong@Anshu Sanghi@Wira G. @Joseph Atkin@Manch Hon@Jordan T.@Joan C.@Sandeep S.@Kathryn M.@Devin Edwards@Andrew Tabalujan@Peter K.@J Martin@Minh L.@Raymond Yeung@Mike Lam

@Peter K. @Lori Georgiou@Adam Hofmann @Sarah Lam@Joanna L.@Ken Lau@Angelo L.@Andrew N.@William Yeh @Amit M.@Fred Mayer@Dylan M. @Minh L.@Yuliany W.@Eric Nelson@David Mora@Bob Pohl@Kiran Reddy@David Sanchez@Marc S.@Andrew S.@Kyle Tam@Esther Thomas@Johnny Tien

@Joey Budka ,

What time on 7/19?  How long is the workshop?  Where will it be held?  Hope to learn something new.  

@Johnson H. and @Ezra Nugroho , I agree about Mike's book.  It's interesting what Mike discussed in that book is what someone is doing in life.  Cash-out refinance is a loan so you don't have to pay taxes on the cash-out money.  Buy 20 properties and you can extract the equity from them starting in year 21 and live comfortably off the fruit of your labor for the rest of your life.  It's rinse and repeat.  Apparently, appreciation made Mike rich during those years.  The cash-flow from notes and loans from banks helped him pay his bills.

I have 7/18 on my calendar now.  Looking forward to seeing everyone, especially @Susan Gong   who will be buying us drinks and dinner.  Just kidding.  Thanks again for your generosity Susan. 

I forgot to thank @J Martin for buying me and Johnson dinner.  Thanks J.

@Joey Budka  

How often do you host these workshops? It sounds pretty interesting. I am out of town that weekend unfortunately.

@Ken Lau

We host them once a month, usually. We focus on two different asset classes: single tenant net leased investments and multifamily properties. We basically review how to analyze, finance, acquire, and structure commercial properties and exchanges. 

We'll be hosting another one in August. I'll keep you posted with details, but it'll probably be in Santa Clara, late August, and we'll be focusing on multifamily. 

@Johnson H.  ,

Way to keep it going! Are you working down there or something?..
I am a maybe for this one. I've been meaning to meet with @Andrew N.  also though, see if he wants to meet up one on one before the meetup, I might make a trip down there.

@Minh L. 

, My pleasure. I think I got your and Johnson's dinner, and @Susan Gong  got mine lol

Also FYI, @Amit M.  and I are going to the Bay Area Wealth Builder's meetup in Corte Madera on financing, appraisals, cash out, etc.. the night before on Thurs, 7/17 if anyone from closer to the city wants to join..

@J Martin, no I'm not working in the San Jose area. It is just so easy to put together the meetup, parking and the venue is so accessible that its dumb if I don't put it together monthly. Thanks again for dinner that night, next one is on me!

Thanks for putting this together.  I will be attending.

@David C.   - Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you David.

@Johnson H.  

Thanks for setting this up! Been busy with work and off BP for a few weeks now.. Definitely will make it out to this meet up!

I will be there! Look forward to seeing you all again! I plan to attend the Saturday's workshop too. The more education the better. :)

Close Thin

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.