Houston Meetup - August 20, 2015

9 Replies

• 08/20/15 06:30PM
  • Pub Fiction (MidTown)
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Come join your fellow Houston investors at our next meetup. It will be held at 6:30pm on August 20, 2015 at Pub Fiction.

As usual, investors of all levels (beginner, expert, or in between) are welcome to join us. Feel free to invite your family or friends as well. For those new to our meetup, we are fairly informal with a good mix of both seasoned and newer investors.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Pub Fiction
2303 Smith Street, Houston, TX 77006

http://www.pubfiction.com/

P.S. You can be notified of future events by either following me on BP or by joining the meetup group in my profile.

Looking forward to this one. See you guys there

I missed the last one, but will be at this one. See y'all there!

Reminder:  We are having a meetup this evening, and we have a last minute special guest. It looks like it should be another big crowd from the rsvps on meetup.com.  Look forward to seeing you this evening.

--------------------------------------------------------

DEAL MAKING and a special guest today at the meetup!

Are you having trouble with any of your deals and need some helpful advice? We are going to have a special guest (Ray Sasser) at our meetup this evening to provide his expertise. Ray has been involved in hundreds of real estate transactions for over 30 years. He initially made his mark as the fire damage rehabber of Houston, and he is now known throughout Houston as an expert in deal making, negotiations, and rehabbing.

Bring along your problematic deals/questions for Ray as well as your fellow meeting attendees to find solutions for. If you do not have any current deals, come out to watch as deals get put together. Better yet, you can participate in the deal analysis and construction process.

Anyone who has spent time talking real estate with Ray has never been disappointed and always wish they had more time with him. When you come out today, you will not be disappointed either.

How often is this meetup?

Charles,

Thank you for organizing this session. I had a great time networking and learned much more than I thought possible. Ray Sasser was a true wealth of information who has more real estate investing knowledge than I will be able to learn in a decade. The discussions allowed me to narrow my real estate investing focus to what will work for me. Great session for a beginner which put me in touch with several people I would like to work on future deals with. Great session. Thanks.

Nathan

Thanks Charles! Had a great time and learned a lot. Can't wait for the next one.

Wow, thank you so much for organizing the meet up. My fiancé and I had a great time and we learned so much from Ray. I can't wait for next month's meet up. 

There was a great turnout for our August Meetup, and thanks to everyone who attended. In case you missed it, the networking was fantastic as usual. We also had a special guest (Ray Sasser) on hand to lend his 30+ years of real estate expertise to the group, and he did not disappoint the crowd.

He explained some of the early influencers/mentors when he was learning the business (Jack Miller, Jimmy Napier, and Peter Fortunato). Ray led a lively discussion on a number of topics from the audience. Some of the key areas covered included:

• Negotiation
  • Seller financing
  • Entities
  • Private lending
  • Hard money
  • Institutional financing
  • Master leases
  • Lease options
  • Rehabbing.

Many of us were drinking from a fire hose with the amount of knowledge Ray was impressing upon us. One of the critical points stressed throughout the discussion was the importance of understanding how money works, and Ray recommended a book for everyone to read (Invest in Debt, written by Jimmy Napier).

After his presentation, he went through an indepth discussion on negotiation with several attendees. This included an invaluable role playing exercise where participants went through roll playing.

Due to popular demand by the group’s members, Ray will be coming back to speak at the next meetup. We plan to have him lead a discussion for about 30 minutes on one topic allowing the group to drill down deeper than we could at this past meetup.
We want your input on what the topic should be.

The topic can be one discussed previously or a new one. Please let me know your preferred topic choice either by messaging me or posting on the meetup.com message board. We will tally up your suggestions and use it as the main topic for the September 17th meeting.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here