San Francisco Bay Summit - Oct 7 & 8, 2017 - Join the Reunion!

San Francisco Bay Summit - Oct 7 & 8, 2017 - Join the Reunion!

This event is brought to you by:SF Bay Summit

When:

Where:1547 Lakeside Dr Oakland, CA 94612

Cost:$245.00 (Early Bird)

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

The 2017 SF Bay Real Estate Networking Summit is confirmed for Oct 7 & 8 in Oakland, CA!
www.SFBaySummit.com

For the third time, hundreds of real estate investors and experts will be gathering in the San Francisco Bay Area for a weekend of learning, networking, and joining forces to grow our real estate businesses!
This is NOT a Bigger Pockets event. But you'll recognize some familiar faces.

@Will Barnard, @Amanda Han, @J Scott, @Brie Schmidt, @Brian Burke, and many more will be out to share their experiences and answer your questions. 

Get your ticket (super early bird now!), a tax deduction, and seriously inspired!
www.SFBaySummit.com

"An exceedingly well-done conference, especially in terms of venue, speakers, vendors, info presented and opportunities for connection. What I learned and who I met will catapult me years forward in my abilities. Count me in for the next one!" - Erin A., Stockton, CA

Event: SF Bay Real Estate Networking Summit
Date: Sat & Sun, Oct 7 & 8, 2017
Location: Oakland, CA @ Oakland Scottish Rite

Get more info & Tickets here.. the earlier, the cheaper!
 www.sfbaysummit.com

10Reply
910 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y

great event.. Bruce Norris was worth the cost of admission.  some take aways from his presentation.

1. No major melt down in the near future.

2. mortgage market much stronger for obvious reasons  ( no liar loans real world underwriting)

3. markets would need 40% of the inventory on MLS to be foreclsoures to cause a major correction ( this is not happening).

4. He feels cap rates and multi family is the one segment that is frothy and could correct. 

5. in a subtle way he was saying when profits avail themselves it can be good to take it off the table.

Whats he doing now... his normal short term lending and he is now building some new construction.. as that is exactly what I do.. I felt like I was personally on the right track as well.. Great presentation.

See this reply in the discussion

280 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sergey TkachevPro Member
    Investor, Agent, CPA · West Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 690 posts · 262 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin, I'm definitely coming, really excited for this one!  Let me know if you need any help :)

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Lauren Heart,

    Glad you're excited too :)

    @Account Closed's last Summit, so your turn to come down! We can always use some help, depending on how much time you have :)  Any particular speakers that you're interested in this year? Or someone you wanted to meet? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin

    I have mobility issues. Is the building(s) ADA compliant? (don't worry, I won't file an O.S.C.) Missed the last one. Would like to place the faces with the pic's.

    I'll be comming from the city. Missed Rick Harmon at the last one (good mentor). Has the speaking agenda been determined or is too early to finalize??

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mark Pedroza:

    @J. Martin

    I have mobility issues. Is the building(s) ADA compliant? (don't worry, I won't file an O.S.C.) Missed the last one. Would like to place the faces with the pic's.

    I'll be comming from the city. Missed Rick Harmon at the last one (good mentor). Has the speaking agenda been determined or is too early to finalize??

    Mark, 
    I just gave this question to my event organizer to double check. The 4th floor auditorium, where the main speakers are speaking, has an elevator and no stairs. However, we will check on the other spaces and bathrooms. Rick Harmon was great last year, and has helped mentor a lot of folks. 

    The full agenda is definitely too early to finalize, but we should have the speakers for each day in July. Part of the reasons we're selling super cheap early bird tickets right now.. The venue isn't always super quick on responses, but we'll find out for you.

    www.sfbaysummit.com 

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    For the folks coming out to join us, who do you most want to see? and/or what do you most want to get out of the Summit? 

    Especially our newly signed up attendees for this year..
    @Jeff Greenberg, @Mick Harvey, @Account Closed, did you enjoy last year?

    We have the same awesome venue!
    www.sfbaysummit.com

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @J. Martin  Just realized I haven't chimed in on this thread yet!

    Excited to be speaking at the event! Also excited to see so many great speakers again and reconnect with old faces as well. 

    Also wouldn't mind seeing a few fellow BPers this year that may be interested in attending:

    @Matt Faircloth @Paul Moore

    @Mark Pace

    @Nichole Stohler

    @Rick H.
    @Nichole Stohler

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Wouldn't let me tag everyone in the post above! But also:

    @Account Closed and too many more that I'm sure I'll think of later!

  • Specialist · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    9y
    • Finding a deal in the Bay Area!
    • Potential niches.
  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @J. Martin  It was a great event last year, but Joe Fairless had some great speakers at his event that might be of interest to you and the group at your event.  Jeremy Roll on full time passive investing, Chris Clothier Business side of RE, and Dennis Quinn Assisted living.  Bring back Joe Fairless and Brian Burke

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 98 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin  I know!!!  I can't believe it's already the third year!!!  I'm excited to see new and old faces.  I'm interested in seeing what passive niches work these days... as "passive" as possible.  Lol!  I'm a lazy passive investor :)  As for other LA folks, I've been forwarding and telling folks down there about the summit.  Hopefully, some of them will join :)

  • Investor · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 121 votes
    9y

    Hey @J. Martin - thanks for the tag and I'm certainly going to be there!  I can't imagine not going to such a fabulous RE event while living in the bay area.    Just to be able to hang out with so many incredible folks for 2 days makes it worth going (..and all RE knowledge gained is a bonus :) 

  • Real Estate Investor · San Francisco Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 36 votes
    9y
    Real curious, how do people connect in an event like this? I'm doing this on the side and don't have business cards (if that's still a thing then I'll make them).
  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Is this pretty newbie friendly?

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 98 votes
    9y

    @Vinny Vu  Definitely newbie friendly!  Come!

  • Real Estate Investor · San Francisco Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin - want to hear from you about my question 3 replies ago about how people connect in the event and should I make a business card. Newbie question!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Dave Van Horn,

    Stoked you can make it out again! And thanks for tagging some folks too. 

    @Jonny C.,
    Along the lines of finding a deal in the Bay, we're going to have several local deal-makers out talking about what they're doing today to find deals. @Arlen Chou has been stealing our deals out in Oakland, after buying in Silicon Valley. (good, cash-flowing deals, when others said it couldn't be done.) @Jason Buzi is absolutely crushing it, flipping, building.. And hopefully @Amit M. will come out to share about San Francisco. And we'll have a bunch of other local folks of course. Along with notes, short term rentals, and some other niche stuff :) You should talk to Sandeep about his niche here in the Bay.. 

    @Jeff Greenberg,

    Glad you can make it out again, and I need to finish reaching out to everyone. Brian Burke is coming out. We'll be hammering out the final format and work more on the agenda in July to hammer this stuff out.. 

    @Peggy Liu,
    Ya! Year 3! Can't hardly believe it! I hear you on the passive stuff. I've been running around dealing with a lot of stuff for my business, and some tenant stuff here and there. You might need to talk to Dave Van Horn and get some notes going and collect that mailbox money! 

    @Sandeep S.,
    "thanks for the tag and I'm certainly going to be there! I can't imagine not going to such a fabulous RE event while living in the bay area. Just to be able to hang out with so many incredible folks for 2 days makes it worth going (..and all RE knowledge gained is a bonus :)"

    How much do I owe you for the glowing testimonial?! haha Thanks Sandeep. Appreciate it. It's really unique to be able to get all these people in one place. Good seeing you again the other day, and will look forward to seeing you in October when I get back from Seattle!

    @Chatree C.
    "How do people connect in an event like this.." Great question. It's a little different for everyone. Some old school guys like Arlen Chou write everything down in a paper notebook. Business cards are still very common. We'll also be getting people connected on Bigger Pockets and Facebook before the event. And we'll have targeted networking sessions after the breakout groups to get better connected with the people interested in the same subject matter. Get some biz cards too!

    @Vinny Vu,
    Yes, it is also friendly to newbies. The folks coming out are mostly from Bigger Pockets, and have that same vibe of helping people out, sharing openly, and networking to get to better results for everyone. Along with getting educated, it's ALL about meeting people. Getting connected. Learning what works already. What works best for you. And nothing like connecting with others to help hash these things out.. What is your biggest goal in real estate/ 

    I love what @Sean Pan said on the prior page:
    "Already bought my ticket! Last year's event was amazing, I learned so much from your guest speakers and managed to close on 3 cash flowing properties. Looking forward to learning new things this year "
    Come on out Vinny! Thanks for the shout out also Peggy :)

  • Sergey TkachevPro Member
    Investor, Agent, CPA · West Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 690 posts · 262 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin - regarding speakers, agree with @Jeff Greenberg that @Jeremy Roll will be an asset to the event.  Also, @Dmitriy Fomichenko's expertise is self-directed retirement accounts, that topic is always of interest investors.  Both of them are from SoCal, not too far.  

    Also agree to bring Joe Fairless back, and @Brian Burke by expected by default :).  Also, @Tapan Trivedi did a good talk at the Guild Summit on Financial Independence/Retiring Early through RE, included a step by step of how to start and grow through commercial RE - of value to newbies.  

    I'll try to think of more.

    @Vinny Vu, it is very newbie friendly, definitely come!

  • Realtor · San Francisco Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 48 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin Hi J, I'm very interested in hearing about Bay Area/CA local markets since most of BP is for other area.  I also want to talk to investors/speakers who have seen the cycle before and learn about what they are doing now.  Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    Wow, I can't believe I never heard of this event before. It sounds great! I hope to attend and look forward to connecting with like minded people who can't get enough properties to call their own.

  • Rental Property Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 115 posts · 136 votes
    9y

    @Dave Van Horn, thanks for the tag!   This wouldn't have come across my radar otherwise.    Speaker line up looks great and I'll try to make it.  

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Some more confirmed attendees.. please introduce yourself with what you want and have to offer, so we can start getting introduced :)  And what do you want to get out of the event? 

    @Mary Ann Casey (welcome back!), @Min Hu, @Aaron Henretty, @Patrick Boutin, @Ganesh S., @Jonathan Wilkinson, @Raimondo F. (good to see you again!), @Jody Ryden, @Aditya Thakur, @Alice K.  (heyyyyyyyy!)  and Mason, @Kamila Flores, @Account Closed,
    Thanks for all the shout-outs and recommendations! Just spoke with Dmitriy, and need to see how much space we have left in the agenda to get other folks in. Attendees want more breakouts and targeted networking, so that might be a way we can fit more speakers and specialties in.. We're working on it now :)

    We'll see you all Oct 7 & 8!

    www.sfbaysummit.com

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin No kidding!  It sounds great and I will sign up before the month is over. Until then, I hope to meet up with other local investors on BP

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Elisa Uribe:

    @J. Martin No kidding!  It sounds great and I will sign up before the month is over. Until then, I hope to meet up with other local investors on BP

    Looking forward to meeting you there :) You just missed @Katie P.'s meetup in Oakland on Sunday. She'll be having more, and will probably post them on my meetup group. @Johnson H. has a meetup in Milpitas on Thursday that I'll be heading down to, and @Jeff Pollack has one tomorrow night down in San Jose. Both with lots of good people. Jeff's has a speaker also.  

    Also, check >Community >Networking on BP for local meetup events, and on meetup.com . I think the meetups organized on BP tend to be less selling/pitching, so I encourage you to go to those especially. Until we meet in person Elisa!! 

  • Sergey TkachevPro Member
    Investor, Agent, CPA · West Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 690 posts · 262 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin, awesome, looking forward to the summit.  I'll let you know if other names come to mind

  • Real Estate Agent · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    @J.Martin, thanks so much for the tip on other local events and where to find them on BP. It's a lot of work to plan an event of this size. You are definitely the right guy for the job. You're great at engaging people to connect and learn together. I can tell already:) Looking forward to meeting you in October

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.