• Austin, TX
Votes |
Austin Investors: New Investing Group

Corey King
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jul 18 2017, 06:34

19 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hello to all investors!

I am new to the Austin area, and relatively new at investing.  I have been flipping houses in South Carolina, remotely, living in California.

My fiance and I relocated to Austin, and I am wanting to do the same thing here as well.

I have searched my local area of investors meetups, but they tend to be ran by the some people, and there always seems to be a pitch of some sort (which is ok, I understand paying for knowledge).  I couldn't find a local Meetup where investors are wanting to sit down and brainstorm, help, encourage, partnership, and fund deals, without feeling like they are being pitched (again, nothing wrong with that).

I am by no means an expert, as I still consider myself in the infant stages of investing.  However, I would like to start putting a Mastermind group together of experienced and inexperienced investors. 

My background is medical.  I owned and ran an Integrative Medical clinic for the last 12 years.  I always had mentors when I was in practice and am looking for some experienced mentors to help give back to us newbies, and us newbies willing to help out the experienced mentors.

I am hoping we have some members here looking for the same thing.  If so, let's get together and have some fun, learn more about the Austin area and investing, and ultimately...become successful in this market. 

Topic to be discussed:

1) Lessons learned from a newbie: how to avoid losing money on your deals

2) Other ways of funding deals, without your money.  Is it really possible?

3) Establishing your team of professionals.  Who do we need on board?  

I look forward to meeting some people then.

Loading replies...