July 18, 2018
Reduce your Taxes & Liabilities!
Ben Franklin once wrote, “in this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes.”
The first, we have limited control over, luckily however, the second we can control with proper planning with help from professionals. In fact, you can even soften the blow of the first one with the right planning on the second!
Real Estate deals go far beyond the deal itself, structure and tax planning can turn a good deal bad if not done properly. Before jumping in, do you know which type of entity to use? How many entities to use? How these entities affect your tax liability? Is there a better way to do it? Where should you form it?
Our July panel includes an attorney who focuses on estate planning and ownership structuring and a CPA who focuses on structuring and tax planning.
In a relaxed conversational panel, we will talk about things like:
- When is it better to use an LLC or a corporation (and why to choose a S or C tax structure)
- How are the tax laws different for real estate businesses versus real estate investments
- What actions must I take to get asset protection?
- What must I do to maximize my tax benefits?
- And YES, we will tackle the new tax reform laws and how they affect real estate activities.
- Free Guide Sheet – Tax and structuring tips to be handed out!
Bring your questions and your notebook!About Our Meetings…
Sacramento Real Estate and Investment club Meetings follow the same general format every month:
- 6:30-7:30 pm: Come early for NETWORKING (Bring business cards!)
- 7:30-9:30 pm: MAIN MEETING (including market updates, live investor profiles, a one-hour speaker presentation, and much more)
- 9:30 pm – On: Stay after for MORE NETWORKING
As always, FREE to Annual Club Members, $20 Non-members
Where? At the Sacramento DoubleTree Hotel (Across from the Arden Mall)
2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, California, United States 95815
To find us, ask the front desk where Capital City Wealth Builders are meeting (and for a free cookie!)
Follow us on Meetup:
Like us on Facebook:
Hi Megan, I wish I could have attended this event -- an important topic for someone starting out like myself. Any plans to host a similar event in the future?