User Stats

Votes
Laurence Houde
Votes |
Financing a treehouse Airbnb/business project

Laurence Houde
Posted Aug 31 2022, 06:39

Hi everyone! 

I am currently looking at lands to buy in order to build a luxury treehouse business. My goal is to construct about 6 treehouse in a town in Quebec that is well know for tourism. It's a year round destination since it's a too ski destination and it's a in demand location for summer vacations. 

Me and my husband are currently on a lease and we want to make our first real estate investment. What I am thinking about doing is to create 6 treehouses, live in one of them and rent the 5 others.

What I have a hard time to wrap my head around is how exactly is the best way to finance this project. 

Questions : 

- Should I try to get a business loan or a construction loan? 

- Should I buy the land as a part of a business project or with a typical mortgage or land loan that I would put a down payment?

Me and my husband have limited financial ressources (70k to 80k to start with) but I have the drive and the determination to do this. I want to leave my 9-5 government job and focus 100% of my time on building cashflow and capital gains.

Any advices would be greatly appreciated!

I see a huge potential with luxury treehouse to make a lot of money on airbnb.

I studied my market and competition and it make sense. 

The one thing that I am struggling with is finding the funds and understanding which type of funding is best for me for this business/short term rental concept.

Thanks and have a great day!

Laurence

Loading replies...