• Investor
  • Maryland
Votes |
PriceLabs / Dynamic pricing question for new STR

Matt Bowman
  • Investor
  • Maryland
Posted May 20 2024, 11:55

Hi! My wife and I just listed our first STR (single family home, 8 guests), and I have a question about dynamic pricing. I am in the 30 day trial period with PriceLabs.

The vacation attraction of our house is that it is near the beach (7.5 mile drive) and walkable to a pier and boat launch on the sound (< 1 mile), but it is not at the beach. Yet because my house is in a close radius to the beach (only 2.5 miles as the crow flies--the 7 miles is what it takes to a drive out, around, then over the bridge), it seems like PriceLabs is using on-the-beach or walk-to-the-beach properties as comparables, and this may be leading to dynamic prices that are too high.

I am not sure exactly how to fix this. I don't think it is practical for me to set a tailored price for each day, and even if I could, that price would no longer be dynamic. What I think I need is for the dynamic pricing to be based on the true comparables, which I have identified on the PriceLabs map. But I'm not sure if I can make my own comps list into the one that PriceLabs uses for dynamic pricing.

As likely as not, there is an easy fix I am overlooking. Thoughts?

UPDATE: I asked PriceLabs help about this, and they can do some work on their end to tailor a comparables set for the customer, so I am pursuing that.

Loading replies...