• Teacher, Business owner
  • Port Isabel, TX
Votes |
Eviction in Texas

Andy Plattner
  • Teacher, Business owner
  • Port Isabel, TX
Posted Jan 6 2016, 20:53

I just purchased a triplex, two units having tenets.  The plex is in a nice area but the triplex itself is a bit rundown.  I want to fix up the triplex and turn it into a vacation rental so I will have to evict the tenets, one being on a month to month lease and the other on a year lease.  But I will have to evict, which is a little hard for me to do.  I plan to visit with both of them first and tell them what my plans are and give them a 30 day verbal notice.  I am hoping it will end there.  

First of all, is meeting with them a good strategy to try first? I was thinking of telling them I would give them 30 days to move and I will not charge them rent so they could keep the money to do a down payment on another property.   I dont want to get all legal with them right out of the gate, get on their badside, they resist and then I have legal payments.  The plan is to have the place ready in 60 days and most of the work will be the landscape, relocating outside aircond, putting in a pool, and reinforcing the balcony so most of the work will be outside.  

Loading replies...