Votes
Dan Stewart
  • Beulah, MI
Votes |
Feeling Good About Our Vacation Rental Home

Dan Stewart
  • Beulah, MI
Posted Jul 26 2016, 13:05

I just wanted to share some success on our vacation rental home. My parents bought a place in Northern Michigan last summer. For the past year, we have been working on it and upgrading it. In June, we were all finished and put it on Airbnb and FlipKey really not knowing what to expect. I have excited to say that our phones have been ringing and we have rented out 4 of the 10 weeks left in summer and have inquiries about the fall. We only have the last 2.5 years left in August. We have a consistent flow of inquiries and everyone has complimented us on our pictures and what we did to the cottage. We're just trying to figure out when we want to use the cottage because it's really hard to turn down $$$. I have a really good feeling about the summer of 2017. 

We have learned a lot on how to deal with a guest. How to go about our calendar dates and rates. Our only problem is keeping a housekeeper. We had one picked out and she picked up and left to Florida leaving us hanging a week later. For now, we will just have to take care of the cleaning on our own until we find another housekeeper.

I have been paying attention to post here and passing it onto my parents and working with them. I don't miss any of the podcast. Thanks for all the information. 

Loading replies...