• Real Estate Agent
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
AirBnB Co-Hosting: Difference Between Property Managers

Audrey H.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Oct 6 2017, 22:29

I've been hosting AirBnB guests on our properties (locally here in California and remotely in France!) with success. The best part is, I'm having a blast while doing it.

I think my enthusiasm caught the eye of some local real estate brokers, who are also property owners thinking of switching from long term tenants to AirBnB. Some have asked me to help Co-Host and help with the bookings, initial setup (photography, creating customized welcome packages for the guests, custom listings that adhere to AirBnb standards, organizing for furniture assembly and interior design, etc.)...

I understand that in California, only licensed agents can be property managers. Can anyone point out the obvious do's and don'ts that I should avoid if I wanted to help co-host for a fee, so that I am not labeled a property manager? There are probably nuances that I wouldn't catch right away. 

This would be the potential scope of work:

• Create a custom listing for each of your AirBnb listings
  • Photography + Photo editing
  • Create custom rule handbook for guests
  • Create custom (physical) guest welcome guidebooks with local restaurant recommendations, attractions, directions, etc.
  • Consulting on cost effective strategies with Airbnb related purchase
  • Accompanying to purchase items for Airbnb
  • Moving, assembling all furniture and installing technology for property (1 day’s worth of work $300): bed, video surveillance, locks, etc.
  • Manage all communications with guests including check-in, check out, local attractions and recommendations
  • Manage communications with cleaning service if needed
  • Monitor the cloud-based outdoor surveillance and report to owner.
  • Check rates daily and adjust prices to remain competitive
  • Purchasing toiletries for guests once a month with owner reimbursement (optional)
  • Physical visitation to properties (optional)

Thank you in advance for any input. Would love to know if any of this would be considered property management.

Loading replies...