Virtual Assistant for your VRs

9 Replies

Has anyone used a virtual assistant for your VRs? 

I spend a little time answering the typical Airbnb and VRBO requests, then programming my electronic door lock, and making sure cleaners are coming the days they are scheduled for turn overs.

I truly want to make this passive, as I am in the Army and I could leave and not have access to my phone. additionally, the long term goal is to make this completely passive so I can travel when I retire.

I know there is a cohost feature on Airbnb, and you can hire a company if they are in your area, but I am curious about virtual assistants. 

I have read about upwork.com on this site, is there any others?

Aaron T.

First of all Aaron, thanks for your service!

I too would like to find a solution to this and I know others that would as well.  I've been analyzing tools to do some of this automated work, email, follow up, cleaning schedules, but there are times as you mentioned when human intervention is a must.  I would be curious to hear additional responses from other BP members.  My biggest concern is having an individual I trust to respond as I would.

Mike

I use smartbnb.io for automated messages (booking, check in, check out, review) which has been a big time saver...but doesn't solve for addressing questions or issues sent by guests. It looks like smartbnb has some functionality for auto-responses when they detect keywords but I haven't tried that yet and still respond manually to these myself. I'm interested in eventually getting VA assistance for this type of work in the future.

Selena Walsh

I have seven properties in the area. 

I have a VA that answers text, answers emails, and schedules things online, but they're not based in America, and also not local, so I pair up someone to be "oncall" who can show up at the property if needed (because it's bound to happen).

I use va.today, tell them I refererd you :)

@Andrew Wong what do you do to “pair up” with someone who is going to be your reliable on the ground person? Iow, what specifically do you do to find/ hire that person and how do arrive at proper compensation for them? 

(Thank you for your input and for the va.today tip.)

Nancy Bachety

Originally posted by @Nancy Bachety :

@Andrew Wong what do you do to “pair up” with someone who is going to be your reliable on the ground person? Iow, what specifically do you do to find/ hire that person and how do arrive at proper compensation for them? 

(Thank you for your input and for the va.today tip.)

To be honest, I don't know yet. I'm on my second one. 

It's been a bit painful for us because we're not at the point where we can hire someone on as full time and have a lot of work for someone to do. But also at that point where we need someone to help us start taking care of units.

What this means is we can't really pay top dollar for someone, but the money we CAN pay... Well you get what you pay for.

But my process was just going on Craigslist, and finding people, making sure they know what the expectations are, and seeing if they're willing to learn from mistakes. Self starters are great, because we're just hiring them as a 1099 contractors, so legally they're expected to know what to do without much guidance.

You can also message area hosts who have excellent reviews and proposition them.

Nancy Bachety

Take a look at VRfrontdesk.com.  They are a virtual assistance 

Originally posted by @Andrew Wong :

I have seven properties in the area. 

I have a VA that answers text, answers emails, and schedules things online, but they're not based in America, and also not local, so I pair up someone to be "oncall" who can show up at the property if needed (because it's bound to happen).

I use va.today, tell them I refererd you :)

Andrew, do they specifically handle VRs, or are they general administrative VAs?

Aaron T.

Depending on how many vacation rentals you have, it may make sense to invest in some property management software along with a good VA. You could use:

• Smartbnb to auto reply, leave reviews, etc.
          • VR Easy to notify staff and cleaners of turnovers
          • Virtual Key- integrates with VR Easy and most electronic lock to change codes for each guest automatically and email them the code
          • VA to answer questions and screen guests based on a process/guides

Michael McKay, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401283698)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.