Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Julie Hill
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Anyone doing STR's primarily with rentals?

Julie Hill
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Posted Feb 9 2018, 06:08

Looking for advice and tips! I recently found a RENTAL property that is willing to allow me to use it as a STR. I'm super excited about it because it's in a great area. I'm not local and I have a PM company who specializes in STR who will be managing it. I would love outside the box tips from any of you experienced peeps to help my listing be successful as I really want this this method (STR on rentals) to snowball into several more. The eventual goal is to buy properties for flips/LTR's but for now, this is what I can do. I think the PM company I hired will do a great job doing basic marketing for the property (they have a good success rate) but I want to know what else I can do.

- any tricks on decor/amenities that directly lead to bookings?  (I'm considering adding bathrobes)

- have you made websites for your listing and do you get bookings from there?

- do you do any extra advertising?  (FB/Insta/googleadwords)

- anyone do videos for their listing and put on youtube?  I am actually a video producer so that would be easy for me

I am one of those people who is never satisfied being average.  I want to be THE BEST.  Which means I want my rental to make more $$ than every other one currently on the platform.  Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...