• Hummelstown, PA
Votes |
Reservation management software recommendations

Sara Abernethy
  • Investor
  • Hummelstown, PA
Posted Apr 16 2018, 17:30

Hi all!  

I am expanding my vacation rental portfolio from 1 to 4!  I'm acquiring 3 cabins on a piece of land in the Finger Lakes.  They're already set up to rent and they're almost completely booked for the summer already.  My current vacation rental is on AirBnB, HomeAway, and TripAdvisor, and they all share the calendars with each other, so I can look at any of the three and see what's going on.  The three I'm acquiring were all booked over the phone and written on a paper calendar!  This old school approach has been super successful, and I definitely respect it, but there's no way I could manage a paper calendar.  Nor can I use my old way of managing work when I have 4...

I started looking at reservation management software and quickly got overwhelmed.  I need something where I can document all of the on-paper reservations, and still manage to market the leftover nights (as few as there may be) on AirBnB/HomeAway.  Has anyone tried Lodgify, OwnerRez, Kigo, Ciirus, Streamline, Guesty, FutureStay, Lodgix, MyVR, RNS, HostAway, VReasy, Bookerville, VRscheduler, RDPWin, YourPorterApp, PriceLabs, EasyInnkeeping, Beyond Pricing, OneRooftop, Barefoot Agent, 365 Villas, the list goes on and on....?  Many offer live demos, but it's going to take me forever to research these from scratch.  Any shortcuts are welcome "this one is terrible, this one won't work for you, etc."  I did call HomeAway and theirs is more for 25+ units (it's $7k setup and $500/month).  I'm looking to spend $50-100/month on this.  

Thanks all!  

Sara

Loading replies...