Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Lefeuvre#3 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
How to avoid 4 star reviews on airbnb/vrbo ?

Kevin Lefeuvre#3 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted May 19 2018, 12:00

Question for experienced STR hosts: If you are a super-host on airbnb and a Premier Partner on VRBO, you certainly hate 4 star reviews like me. When there is an issue, you proactively communicate with the guest to avoid a negative review, that I am sure you all do.

But when all is good, from time to time, there is someone who just thinks your place deserved 4 not 5 stars and breaks your track record which ultimately could cost you your status and ranking. 

In the few cases of 4 stars I have received in the past couple years, there is absolutely no negative comment in the review, all positive and fantastic, worse they even want to come back (not me, lol) and then they rate 4 stars. When you asked them why 4 and not 5, they reply something in the lines: "4 is not bad, all was good... I maybe able to change it if it's  a big deal..."... and of course it's too late to explain.

Do you guys ask them for a good review before they leave? If so how do you articulate your request to avoid the reverse effect?

Loading replies...