Best STR Property Management Software

5 Replies

I'm curious if anyone has experience with a PMS that works well for a larger STR portfolio. I have 50+ short term rentals, and have been using ResNexus up until this point. However, as my portfolio has grown, ResNexus does not offer the functionality that I need to scale.

Here are the major functionality I’m looking for.

AUTOMATION: I need the software to be able to schedule emails and automatic payment processing.

CENTRAL MESSAGING: I need all my channels (AirBnb, VRBO, Booking.com) to come to a central inbox.

PAYMENTS: I have different partnerships and need to disperse payments to different bank accounts based on which property was booked. Right now ResNexus only has ability to dump the revenues into a single bank account. I need something more like VRBO and AirBnb that can route to different bank accounts. We do a lot of direct web sales.

Has anyone found success with other softwares? I recently had a demo of Lodgify and have a demo with Guesty tomorrow. There are a lot out there. So I’m curious to hear your feedback. Thanks!

I just use a poster board with 23 horizontal lines for my 23 STRs.  Put a Post It note in the vertical lines that demarcate the calendar.  'Tis not rocket science.

Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu :

I just use a poster board with 23 horizontal lines for my 23 STRs.  Put a Post It note in the vertical lines that demarcate the calendar.  'Tis not rocket science.

Yes I wish it was that simple. Sounds like our operations are quite a bit different.

@Jeff Conn . I have been using OwnerRez. Initially I didn’t like it, but I needed a web integration so I could generate bookings from my own site. I have found it to be extremely customizable. It is possibly the best documented software I have ever encountered. Their customer support is prompt. Usually within a few hours. It has the ability to integrate at the API level which allows you to use it as a Chanel manager. Definitely worth a look. 

Good Luck!

Karen

@Jeff Conn

We are in similar situation and I think right now there isn’t a great answer. I’m actually a software investor by day and I believe the industry is in a transformation. The old platforms are just that “old” with dated interfaces, scaling problems and a backlog of code to improve.

They newer players are still very early and immature from a scale perspective, systems are buggy, customer support not great.

I think the future is bright for some of the platforms but in the near term there is no great solutions just those that are ok.

@Jeff Conn terrible interface but have you looked at bookingautomation.com or beds24.com? Used both and the extensibility was there, even if the user interface was awful. As @Jay Levy said definitely an industry in transition.