How are you changing your STR operations post Coronavirus?

7 Replies

Since I am receiving the error below from the BP website that won't allow my post to be published (even though there are no telephone numbers or email addresses in my post), if you are interested in reading the post please CLICK THIS LINK.

Hopefully a BP moderator will see this post and help me get the actual post published on this site instead of as an external link.  

Originally posted by @Valerie Rogers :

Since I am receiving the error below from the BP website that won't allow my post to be published (even though there are no telephone numbers or email addresses in my post), if you are interested in reading the post please CLICK THIS LINK.

Hopefully a BP moderator will see this post and help me get the actual post published on this site instead of as an external link.  

Valerie, I think it has too many external links and that's why they're blocking your post. You could try posting it as a blog on BP and then linking to the blog.

You certainly are following the protocols, probably more than most. In my view your 10th item is overkill. I would just get the guest booking the property to state via the AirBnB or HA/VRBO chat that no one staying in the home is originating from those stated hot spots. And I would let them know that if they were to get audited (neighbor calls the cops or DBPR) they would be thrown out for any violations. 

Raised my rates and booked all but 5 days for the month of May. June is almost full. Hoping to make up for the shut down in April.

Raised my rates and I am not allowing days in between bookings.  So far, this has not impacted my ability to get booked.  June is Full, July is nearly Full and I have upped rates for August and the fall.  People who had trips planned to Europe and cruises are now staying in the US and driving...I expect demand to increase.

Originally posted by @Karen Chenaille :

People who had trips planned to Europe and cruises are now staying in the US and driving...I expect demand to increase.

That's a good point, and often the cruise passengers already have their flights booked to leave from the ports here in FLL and MIA. They may end up just flying in and spending their vacation here.