Custom salt and pepper shakers?

12 Replies

Making my STRs unique is something I enjoy doing.  All my renters are contractors working in a refinery, and they have to take a drug screen before they can get a badge to get in the gates of the refinery.  Most of my renters also shoot guns.  Several of my properties also have a hunting theme.

So my idea for the salt and pepper shakers is to either make them from unfired 12 gauge shotgun hulls or from unused vials they use for their drug screens. I have plenty of both.

What would you make them from? The 2 hulls, the 2 vials or both?

Shotgun, but the are pretty small. Maybe get your hands on some 50-cal shells?

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

Shotgun, but the are pretty small. Maybe get your hands on some 50-cal shells?

I've got some 8 gauge hulls, they are about twice the volume of the 12 gauge hulls.  But they have been fired and have residue on the inside.

Originally posted by @Jeffery Wilen :

Can you get your hands on some unused 10 ga, 3-1/2"? Those would be large enough.

Reloading components are pretty scarce right now.  I have some 10 gauge factory shells, but they are crimped and sealed for being waterproof.  I could undo the crimps, but the mouth of the hull would have the fold marks in it.  I've have about 1000 unfired 3" 12 gauge hulls.

I'd use them, may have to refill more,  but I've seen shakers smaller than than a 3" 12ga before.

True that on any firearm supplies right now.  Just glad I stocked up on shells before waterfowl season.  Would not be happy to be searching for shells in the final weeks of the season.

Shotgun, but the are pretty small. Maybe get your hands on some 50-cal shells? 40mm grenades?

I would like 30mm from an A-10 Warthog, but that would be a high-theft item.

Red for pepper, green for salt.

The drug vials, maybe sell them on ebay (in bulk packs of X).

They sell Ketchup guns on amazon if your interested--L0L

@Paul Sandhu

Understand that this novelty is not unlike bullet knives or key chains. I work in nuclear power plants. I could bring them in, but might lose my job because of it. Yes, even Union trades lose their job when they do such things.

Not your issue, but there is little humor these days with security at certain stations.

The pee cup would be a hoot. Make both seem full to the line, but have the pepper shaker a bit darker.