Traveling Nurses Information

22 Replies

@Michael Mendez , I'm under contract now for a property that will be a Short Term Rental-Househack. I'm planning on using AirBnB/VRBO for the STR part, and probably use something like this for a longer version of STR to supplement the slow parts of the year with 30+ day stays for traveling nurses or other working professionals. I live in the Lansing, MI area, so not a big tourist destination by any means, but I should be able to make some traction with both of these methods. It's my first one, so I'll see what works and what doesn't, and adjust from there!

@Paul Sandhu hey! I live in Charlotte, NC and plan to list a room in my townhouse on the furnished finder page in the next two weeks. I was able to meet several other investors in the Charlotte area doing the same thing through the furnished finder page on Facebook. It has been super helpful!! Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any questions. I’m new to the niche as well but always a good opportunity to chat!

@Kellyn Cameron   Don't forget to advertise on Craigslist.  I'm on all the online platforms and 99% of my rentals found online come from Craigslist.  But I rent to refinery contractors, not nurses.  They are a bunch of redneck ruffians, like me.

@Michael Mendez additionally, if you want to set yourself apart, generally each large hospital will have a staff-member dedicated to finding houses for their travelling nurses. If you can connect with them they can be a great resource for you as well. Good luck!

@Michael Mendez I currently use FurnishFinder for mine and had success with the site. I know a couple investors in my market post to Airbnb or Realtor with a min of 30 day stays and have had success with that as well. I am getting ready to post mine to Airbnb/ Realtor to see how it does compared to Furnishfinder.

@Michael Mendez I’ve used Furnished Finders for awhile now. Great platform. Some inquires were executives needing few months, but I had already had nurses that applied . Most of our nurses had 3 month contracts originally , but got extensions. So most ended up staying 6-9 months. Also, I still screen them, pulled credit report, and had then sign a lease.

I’ve rented a full 1 bedroom apt that’s 800sq ft, and also just a bedroom in a house shared with our college child ( who is a nursing student). They’ve been the best tenants, much better than other college aged in that house.

Also, in Texas all of the nurses we’ve met, they get a stipend for housing and they are on their own to find it. I’ve made our rent slightly under most stipends offered, and keep it booked! Make sure to furnish nicely, have it look good, and have everything they need besides clothes. (Towels, sheets, etc).

Of course I rent the furnished room cheaper than full apt. Check out rates of other homes on the site.

Originally posted by @Lisa Walker :

Also, in Texas all of the nurses we’ve met, they get a stipend for housing and they are on their own to find it. I’ve made our rent slightly under most stipends offered, and keep it booked! Make sure to furnish nicely, have it look good, and have everything they need besides clothes. (Towels, sheets, etc).

Of course I rent the furnished room cheaper than full apt. Check out rates of other homes on the site.

So Simple, yet I would of miss that small yet crucial action. Thank you again for the gems!