• Rental Property Investor
  • Hammond, WI
Votes |
VRBO blocking pricing pushes from SmartBnB

Luke G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hammond, WI
Posted Jul 23 2021, 08:02

Anyone else have any issues with this?  I use pricelabs which pushes to SmartBnb, which in turn pushes to VRBO and AirBnB.

I started up in December and have had zero issues with this until now.  I only allow booking out a full year.  I had a guest send an inquiry that seemed really low.  Luckily I caught it as it had my generic base rate of 300/night in there when the real price should've been closer to 700.  I changed my base rate to 800 so if it doesn't get pushed out for a couple days I don't get screwed with someone booking out a year.

It is still pushing through, but instead of every day it's now every 3-4 days.  Anyone else have issues with this and any ideas on a fix?  The messaging is still syncing fine and AirBnB has worked instantaneously as well.  Of course VRBO says it's SmartBnb and vice versa, but I'm tending to believe SmartBnB as they've actually responded and the pricing is perfectly in sync with AirBnB.  SmartBnb's customer service has been great, VRBO is like talking to a 4 year old.  What's driving me nuts is when someone books on any platform, it still automatically blocks those dates on the other ones, so it's literally just the pricing that VRBO isn't allowing to get pushed through.  

I have a unique property, 4400 square feet and sleeps 18 in a very remote area on Lake Superior.  I've been happy with Pricelabs as for the most part as everything has booked out 6-8 weeks in advance, I just want to make sure my dynamic pricing is actually working.  

Loading replies...