Best church for Airbnb

11 Replies

Hi, Fellow STR investors

Are there consensus on what types of couch are the best for (economical) STRs? I usually spend $3000/bedroom on setting up my STRs. So far, I have both fabric and faux leather couches. It seems that fabrics are very easy to get stains and my cleaning crew had to use fabric cleaners, scotch pad and steam cleaners to remove the stains. I just got several faux leather couches, but it seems that they can be damaged by sharp objects easily. I am also considering to purchase used genuine leather sofa from facebook marketplace. 

Just curious, for you experienced STR operators, what choices of sofa are the best (or close to) for economical STRs and still look clean and good after several years of opterations?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

PS: sorry for the typo in the title, best couches :)

Originally posted by @Andre M. :

I was so confused by your “church” typo in the title 

Sorry for the typo, but I don’t know how to edit titles for published posts. Hopefully, it may help get more clicks and responses :) 

Originally posted by @John Underwood :

Lazyboy has a faux leather that has a lifetime warranty on stains.

John

That is great information! Do you think faux leather couch outperforms fabric couch from a long run?

Thanks

Lee

We have some real leather recliners and found that a high powered sunscreen/bug repellent seems to discolor the leather. Yes, we put that on our skin, and sit on the recliner.  Seems like you need to shower before sitting on the furniture to prevent the damage.  Oh well.

Originally posted by @Leon Lee :
Originally posted by @John Underwood:

Lazyboy has a faux leather that has a lifetime warranty on stains.

John

That is great information! Do you think faux leather couch outperforms fabric couch from a long run?

Thanks

Lee

Absolutely 

There is no winning this battle.  Get faux leather and it'll rip.  Get cloth and it stains.  We've used both.

Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu :

I get my couches donated from the Church of Luke.

Do you prefer fabric or leather couches  that were donated from the Church of Luke and Sandhu?  Which gives you slightly less headache? :)