Kyle Smith
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Current STR markets of interest

Kyle Smith
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Sep 24 2021, 13:33

Hello Team,
I'm ready to purchase a new STR but I'm not sure where to take my money. I've been following the Pigeon Forge/Gat market for over a year now and I'm currently building a cabin in Gatlinburg, however, I think existing cabin options have long sailed at these prices.
I’m not sure whether to build another cabin in Gatlinburg or seek properties elsewhere.  I’ve looked into Branson MS and it looks like the STR market should be great, but due to zoning restrictions and a lack of bookings for cabins under 4 bedrooms, I’m passing on this market. They average 160 nights occupancy compared to 225 nights in East TN.   I really wanted Branson to work out. What a strange market that is…. 9 mil visitors with similar attractions but the numbers aren’t even close. 
My next thought is Disney area in Florida, but I'm not sure if the occupancy rates favorably compare to PF/Gat. Right now, I'm thinking of build another cabin in Gatlinburg. The ROI can't be beat if you are investing somewhere other than California.
Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance

Loading replies...