Can I get probate leads from my Legal Shield attorney?

6 Replies

This is something I was quite curious about just recently. I figure since I am already a Legal Shield member paying for a monthly subscription to get legal advice, what harm could it do to contact a probate attorney in my Legal Shield network to snag some probate leads? Or is this not the way to go about getting probate leads from an attorney? I see a benefit for the both of us. I have access to cash to buy plenty of homes, and the attorneys have clients who have homes they need to sell to settle the estate which is how the attorneys get paid. Having a cash buyer on hand to buy their clients properties should be a win for them and me too if I can get the property cheap enough.

Originally posted by @Denise Evans :

@Tony Marcelle, it would be unethical for the attorney to share that information with you.  All probate proceedings must run notices in the newspaper to alert potential creditors to file claims. You can read those notices online at https://www.alabamapublicnotices.com/

I am looking for people probate properties of the deceased. How do I search for those? When I do find one, who is the person I need to contact about buying the house? Thanks for the link.

Promotion
NestEgg
Smarter rental management
Outperform your peers by 71%
NestEgg landlords save $6,960/yr in fees & 20 hrs/mo*. Self-manage for free or go hands-off for $29.
Start now, get $500

@Tony Marcelle , You have to read the probate notices as they are published on, then check the real estate records to see if that person owned any real estate, then contact the attorney listed in the probate notice.

Originally posted by @Denise Evans :

@Tony Marcelle, You have to read the probate notices as they are published on, then check the real estate records to see if that person owned any real estate, then contact the attorney listed in the probate notice.

I see personal representative name listed on the notices but no attorney.