Air BnB Arizona riverfront property

7 Replies

This might be a long shot but I'm hoping there's some investors on here with property on the Colorado River in the  Mohave Valley. 

I'm looking at a riverfront property and am interested in using it for Air BnB or VRBO, etc. 

Trying to find out if it's good for year round or is it only busy during the warmer months? Are you getting a good rate for them during the winter months? How much do you think a 2+2 with its own dock would rent for by the day?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

@Bill S. Thanks, checked out airdna, looks like a good resource. I went to the other sites earlier today to get some numbers on what places are renting for but I need to know just how seasonal it is and how much the rates fluctuate throughout the year. I know it will rent fine during the summer but will it be enough to get through the winter months.

@Steve Graves

Here you go:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/94-London-Bridge-Rd-Unit-501_Lake-Havasu-City_AZ_86403_M14681-00870

"DAILY $250-$350. WEEKLY $1600.00, MONTHLY $2500(SUMMER)$2700 (WINTER)MONTHLY HOLIDAY ADDITIONAL $600.00. RIGHT ON CHANNEL, BEAUTIFUL CONDO IN KINGSVIEW WITH LAKE AND CHANNEL VIEW. WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO RESTAURANTS."

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/777-Harrah-Way_Lake-Havasu-City_AZ_86403_M23677-16100

"PRESTIGIOUS QUEENS BAY CONDOMINIUM RESORT.SOUTHEND LOCATION WITH A POST CARD VIEW.(WINTER) $2300/MO.(SUMMER)$1500/MO. 2 NIGHT MINIMUM RENTAL. FULLY FURNISHED. YOUR ARE CLOSED TO RESTAURANTS AND MOVIE THEATER."

They seem to rent for more in the winter, probably because of the influx of snow birds escaping the colder states. So you're solid.  

We did it. Bought a mobile home for $14k in a gated resort right on Lake Havasu. Blew out a few walls and made it very posh- it's small, so why not? 

Our space rent is high; $900/month. HOWEVER, we have a great lake view, private beach, private launch ramp, a safe, gated community and it's out on "the island", where vacationers want to be. And we can write of that HOA fee-which we needed with high rent coming in on a So Cal property.

We have snow birds who stay from December to April for $1800/mo who have committed to renting it "until they die", as they told me. I get pretty good rentals throughout the rest of the year from friends and off the ABNB or VRBO sites.  I can get anywhere from 150-200/night. I have an excellent cleaning crew, a home warranty for all the stuff I can't drive out for and the resort office handles check ins. It's pretty passive.

We are now searching for a duplex or SFR up in the south side of town we can rent out full time until we need to move there upon retiring. The realtors have told us they are desperate for buyers who will do FULL time rentals. Families are finding it difficult to get a regular rental; everyone wants to do ABnB! We found a lovely little duplex for under $260k with each side renting out to full time renters at $1000 (for the 2 bdrm) and $1200 for the 3 bdrm side. OR an SFR-3/2 with pool, getting $1600/mo. As we may live in it ourselves one day, we are still trying to find something we would like.

I'm starting to see more Californian's coming out and jack up the prices, though. The LHC market can't really support those prices. There's a glut of ABnB homes that can fill during snow bird season, but the rest of the year they sit empty. Meanwhile, full timers have no where to rent and are priced out of buying. So we figure if we make a sharp deal, we can help the community by offering what it needs and still do well.

We did it. Bought a mobile home for $14k in a gated resort right on Lake Havasu. Blew out a few walls and made it very posh- it's small, so why not? 

Our space rent is high; $900/month. HOWEVER, we have a great lake view, private beach, private launch ramp, a safe, gated community and it's out on "the island", where vacationers want to be. And we can write of that HOA fee-which we needed with high rent coming in on a So Cal property.

We have snow birds who stay from December to April for $1800/mo who have committed to renting it "until they die", as they told me. I get pretty good rentals throughout the rest of the year from friends and off the ABNB or VRBO sites.  I can get anywhere from 150-200/night. I have an excellent cleaning crew, a home warranty for all the stuff I can't drive out for and the resort office handles check ins. It's pretty passive.

We are now searching for a duplex or SFR up in the south side of town we can rent out full time until we need to move there upon retiring. The realtors have told us they are desperate for buyers who will do FULL time rentals. Families are finding it difficult to get a regular rental; everyone wants to do ABnB! We found a lovely little duplex for under $260k with each side renting out to full time renters at $1000 (for the 2 bdrm) and $1200 for the 3 bdrm side. OR an SFR-3/2 with pool at about $240k, getting $1600/mo. As we may live in it ourselves one day, we are still trying to find something we would like.

I'm starting to see more Californian's coming out and jack up the prices, though. The LHC market can't really support those prices. There's a glut of ABnB homes that can fill during snow bird season, but the rest of the year they sit empty. Meanwhile, full timers have no where to rent and are priced out of buying. So we figure if we make a sharp deal, we can help the community by offering what it needs and still do well.

Originally posted by @Gail W.:

We are now searching for a duplex or SFR up in the south side of town we can rent out full time until we need to move there upon retiring. The realtors have told us they are desperate for buyers who will do FULL time rentals. Families are finding it difficult to get a regular rental; everyone wants to do ABnB! We found a lovely little duplex for under $260k with each side renting out to full time renters at $1000 (for the 2 bdrm) and $1200 for the 3 bdrm side. OR an SFR-3/2 with pool at about $240k, getting $1600/mo. As we may live in it ourselves one day, we are still trying to find something we would like.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here