Skip to content
Arizona Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Lietz
  • Lender
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
Working 60 hours but trying to start REI: How?

Aaron Lietz
  • Lender
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted Jul 15 2019, 06:59

Hi everyone! I'm new to REI, and to BP, and although I've read a lot of books on REI (including Brandon Turner's: The Book on Rental Property Investing) I'm wondering how you successful investors our there are able to find the time to hunt for properties, do property management, get deals under contract, and deal with all of the stuff that generally goes along with REI while working a full time job?

I currently work 60 hours per week and 6 days per week (I have an excellent 1%er career). However, my ultimate goal is to step away from doing that and have passive income in order to do the other things in life I love to do (travel, spend time with friends/family, etc). Where do you find the time? Is it possible to work a 60 hour job and also invest in real estate successfully? Is this reasonable? What strategies have you implemented? What about finding off market deals? Isn't that difficult if you're working so much? 

I'm also wondering what strategies are working right now in the AZ valley? Is it too overheated now or are there still great deals to be found? What are your thoughts? 

Thank you all in advance for the great tips! 

All the best,

Aaron Lietz

Loading replies...