"abandon" house in town

5 Replies

Hello everyone,

There is this odd house I see everyday.  Nobody lives in it.  The neighbor told me it's been empty maybe since 2011.  That neighbor had tried to buy the house at that time but was turned down. The roof is aging.  At least one window is broken out.  Some siding is missing and the broken rain gutter is aimed right at that spot.  

and the property gets mowed and trimmed every week.  

How weird is that?

Diane

Originally posted by @Diane Stinebaugh :

Hello everyone,

There is this odd house I see everyday.  Nobody lives in it.  The neighbor told me it's been empty maybe since 2011.  That neighbor had tried to buy the house at that time but was turned down. The roof is aging.  At least one window is broken out.  Some siding is missing and the broken rain gutter is aimed right at that spot.  

and the property gets mowed and trimmed every week.  

How weird is that?

Diane

Weird! You'd think anyone who cared enough to have the property mowed would care about that broken window, at least board it up. Is this in Fayetteville? Are you interested in a buy/flip or hold? Have you checked the tax records online to see who owns the property?

I've run into one of these where someone has the home in trust or was just holding it because they have no motivation to sell. Perfect house to remodel and flip but they don't want to sell. Tax records are a great starting place to determine who ones the property. If you want to contact me and give me some information on the property I would be happy to use my resources and find out what i can on the property. 

@Susan H. and @Kori Ford , yes, I looked up who owns it.  I sorta know his ex-wife and son.  and yes, it's in Fayetteville, and he works at the University, which makes it weirder since houses here sell or rent pretty well.  I don't think I have the wearwithall  to do a flip.  It's just on my mind. 

Very strange, maybe it’s haunted? Jokes aside. You should look into the house as a prospect for buy a tax lien certificate.

I once bought a tax Leon certificate for a home that resembled a shed in a rural area, and was able to profit from the transaction a little over a year later. Look into it.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here