New HVAC cost - Brentwood CA

7 Replies

My dad has a rental in Brentwood CA and the HVAC (central heat/cooling) is falling apart. We got quotes for new system and they range from 14k to 25k for high efficiency. 

We were expecting much lower, Any recommendations

Updated about 3 years ago

11k to 29k range

cheapest quote details for 4 ton  single stage system

highest quote of 29k for high efficiency multi stage unit 

I had a sticker shock with the lowest quote too. any recommendations for a lower cost hvac replacement

My contractor told me to replace my 20 years ac at the end of last year, because from 2018, new law kick in. The newer system is very different, 400 psi... I don’t understand what he said. All I know is from 7 k to 11k.
If you want to save, found a contractor willing to reuse more parts.

Originally posted by @Mike Chern :

My contractor told me to replace my 20 years ac at the end of last year, because from 2018, new law kick in. The newer system is very different, 400 psi... I don’t understand what he said. All I know is from 7 k to 11k.
If you want to save, found a contractor willing to reuse more parts.

thanks , agreed need a more cost conscious contractor. when most houses here in ca are north of 1 mill i think contractors can assume 20 k is not a lot. 10k is a lot of money. 

The other quote i have for 18 seer system is 21k, cant understand what increases the cost by 10k from a single stage 14 seer system.

@Sunny D. I've used an independent contractor for years at two personal residences in Sherman Oaks who is reasonable on cost and does a great job. Feel free to message me and I'll be happy to share his info.

@Marco Bario it looks like Sunny is talking about the Brentwood ,CA in Northern California versus the one near us in L.A since they had their location as Pleasanton .
I always get thrown off by that too when people mention Brentwood .

Originally posted by @Joseph M. :

Marco Bario it looks like Sunny is talking about the Brentwood ,CA in Northern California versus the one near us in L.A since they had their location as Pleasanton .
I always get thrown off by that too when people mention Brentwood .

yes brentwood, bay area