Networking during the pandemic

15 Replies

I'm wondering how everyone is networking during the pandemic! I know a lot of standard practices like open houses are changing to be zoom walk-throughs or digital meetings but I'm just starting out with REI and I'd like to be able to meet new people and form relationships with like-minded individuals. I see a lot of old posts suggesting meetups but I don't anticipate those being as lucrative of an idea post-covid-19 so just looking for alternative/safe ways to get myself out there!

Some of the meetups have zoom meetings. A Few of the meetups have break out sessions during the meeting and you can talk to a smaller group of say 4 to 6 people. So Cal wise, FIBI has zoom meetings, I forget if there were break out groups; LAREIA has zoom meetings and breakouts. IEREIC has zoom meetings.

Even some multifamily meetups have zoom meetings with break out groups. A Lot of the syndication for MF are definitely looking for investors after the stock market hiccups where I am sure they got plenty of people around 2008.

@Mary Seo

Most people switched to virtual networking. We for example host a virtual meetup, and I know many others do. You can find plenty via meetup site. 

@Mary Seo - As @Alina Trigub mentioned, most of the in-person groups have switched over to virtual MeetUps through Zoom. Outside of the online events that local REIA's are hosting, it's also a great time to jump into local Facebook Groups and engage there. A few that I'm involved with go live and host Friday Happy Hours or Lunch and Learns that have served as a great light and fun way to connect and stay engaged.

For forming the relationship -- shoot those few people you want to connect further with a private message and schedule a follow-up call.  I think one of the silver linings in our current situation is that people are more willing (and available) to make new connections!

@Mary Seo

Across the country most REIA meetings and meetups went virtual. You should attend these until such time that they start meeting in person again. At this time, this is where we are at. You should attend and network as best you can and when the lockdown is over you will have already connected with some people and it will make conversing easier.

Good Luck.

@Mary Seo @Alliya Pinckney @Scott Bruce - i've hosted a virtual weekly mastermind for 1.5 years, connecting with folks all over the country and at times I have members join internationally. Highly recommend you get involved with one. Don't let COVID quarantine your REI aspirations.

I'm always looking to network.  I have a Zoom account and happy to meet more people.  I think being active in forums is a great way to start and make connections.

I am an agent but also a two time house hacker who made mistakes but also had some successes and happy to chat.

Best,

Rick

I'm always looking to network.  I have a Zoom account and happy to meet more people.  I think being active in forums is a great way to start and make connections.

I am an agent but also a two time house hacker who made mistakes but also had some successes and happy to chat.

Best,

@ Mary Seo (or anyone else)

You posted this 2-months ago, I'm curious if you've attended any of these virtual/zoom meetings with breakouts and how they went and any general feedback you had from them?

Hi all, always willing to connect.  I think now is a great time to meet more people to network and build relationships.  Ironically covid has forced all meet ups to go online but that has opened up smaller local ones to wider participation.  I'm usually just available weekends but feel free to add me if you'd like to chat more!

Currently investing in: SFH, BRRRR, Rent by rooms, ADUs, Syndications.

Looking for: Out of state investing or anyone interested in the above.