• Papillion, NE
Votes |
Need help with process for first cash transaction

Julie Sisnroy
  • Realtor
  • Papillion, NE
Posted Feb 27 2021, 22:13

HI BP,

I have always used the traditional way of buying and selling with mortgages, so I have not completed a cash transaction. I have a property in CO on the market with a Realtor, but I have someone I found on my own who is interested in paying cash for my rental.

How does this work from the buyer's perspective? I understand I could use a transaction broker with a neutral party, but that is not ideal since I already signed with my Realtor and I want representation.  I pretty much found the buyer and we agreed upon a price, but they want to see the property.  If I to pay a Buyer's agent and my Realtor, then I am up to 6% commission, which I was trying to avoid with a cash offer.

Does the buyer need an agent?  Are there other options for the buyer without using a buyer's agent where they are still represented in some way for inspection and closing?  Or should I use my Realtor as a transactional broker?  I just want it to be fair for all.  I also want this knowledge for when I am making a cash offer from the buyer's perspective.

Appreciate any advice!

Loading replies...