• Investor
  • Morrison, CO
Votes |
Landlords in CO Need to Stand Up

Justin Hoggatt
  • Investor
  • Morrison, CO
Posted Mar 2 2021, 15:26

I'm growing frustrated at our representatives only continually helping the tenant.  Through the pandemic they are taking our rights away and requiring us to follow their executive orders such as eliminating late fees that are contractual agreements between our tenants and us.  They are also trying to push through legislation that helps renters at the expense of landlords and rental property owners.  Tenants are my customer and it's my goal to take care of my customers.  I want to provide my tenants a clean, comfortable, and good place to live.  Taking the rights away from me to enforce rents, collect my revenues, and not allow me to take over my property quickly if needed, is detrimental.  I'm sure many others agree.

I don't know if there is an recourse setup already, but I'd be willing to help support such an action to help regain our rights.  For now, I encourage everyone in CO to go to the Action Center of the NREIA at https://nationalreia.org/advoc... to formally send a letter to our representatives to oppose the current house bill HB21-1121.  Please, let them know we care and are watching what is going on.  It needs to stop.

Loading replies...