New San Antonio area member

10 Replies

Hi all! I am Wendy . . . not new to investing, but new to BP. My husband and I have been actively working to buy, hold and rent properties to fund our eventual retirement. We currently own several and hope our next purchase will be a multi-family property. We like to keep our deals close in proximity which includes San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Canyon Lake, Texas. There seems to be a lot to learn on this site (which I discovered by accident) and I am diving in!

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Wendy.

I like the New Braunfels and Canyon Lake area. Find any promising multi-family there yet? What do you think of San Marcos?

Were glad you've joined us!

Hey @Wendy J. welcome to the site! I'm a big fan of small multifamily properties. Since you might be looking to get one, be sure to check out this post

How to Buy a Small MultiFamily Property: A Step by Step Case Study

Also - be sure to jump in, ask questions, make connections, and don't forget to set up a few Keyword Alerts!

Thanks everyone. I am reading and learning and evaluating properties and working to prepare financing and, and, and LOL. Lots to do, but soooo glad I found BP!!

@Wendy J. Welcome to the BP Community. You have come to the right place. You will find a wealth of information here and the community members are very helpful.

All the best. Keep us posted on how your MF search ends up.

Originally posted by Wendy J.:
Hi all! I am Wendy . . . not new to investing, but new to BP. My husband and I have been actively working to buy, hold and rent properties to fund our eventual retirement. We currently own several and hope our next purchase will be a multi-family property. We like to keep our deals close in proximity which includes San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Canyon Lake, Texas. There seems to be a lot to learn on this site (which I discovered by accident) and I am diving in!

Well howdy neighbor!!!! As a fellow San Antonio Texan, who currently resides in Boerne, Texas. I look forward to your future posts.

Big Henry

Hey Wendy, I'm also an investor here in San Antonio. Best of luck to you; the SA market competition has gone up alot as there are A LOT less forclosures and inventory on the market. Good thing your moving to Multi-Family.

Hey Wendy, I'm also an investor here in San Antonio. Best of luck to you; the SA market competition has gone up alot as there are A LOT less forclosures and inventory on the market. Good thing your moving to Multi-Family.

@Henry M. Do you concur? I read your profile and you seem to be alot more experienced than I.

Originally posted by Rich F:
Henry M. Do you concur? I read your profile and you seem to be alot more experienced than I.

Rich,

When I started in 1996, there were about a 1,000 foreclosures a month. Today there are roughly 700 foreclosures a month. Yes the real estate market in South Texas is picking up, so now is the time to catch that slow climb back to our glory days.

I love multi-family homes when it comes to buy and hold but one who keeps all avenues of real estate open is one who will survive. Stay diverse... But nice to meet you Rich as well.

Big Henry

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you