Newbie From Louisiana

3 Replies

Hey everybody. Chris here in Harvey, Louisiana (suburb of New Orleans). This really feels like the first step to a journey towards the financial freedom I'm looking for. I've read plenty of books and been on countless REI websites, but a recent epiphany has finally gotten me to take some action and this post marks my first physical baby step towards becoming an investor. I am excited & motivated to say the least.

I'm interested in rehabbing/flipping single-family homes and investing in the multi-unit/apartment sector. One day, down the line, would love to be heavy into the commercial market (office/retail)....but that's WAY down the line.

I'm here to work on my plan, meet great people, learn how to build a great team and soak up all the information I can. And any advice anyone has, I'm all ears (eyes too since I'll be reading most of the info you all send :)

Take Care!

Hey Chris! Soak it all in. Once you've decided what you want to do first, build your knowledge base and your investing team. Finally, get your plan together and you'll be ready to get going. Take your time and do it right.

Welcome to BiggerPockets! We're excited to have you here.

Listen to Josh and some of the other experts here on the site. It sounds like you want to do everything. You can't do it all at once. Start out by deciding what you want to do first and focus on that. After you've closed some deals, then start moving into other areas of investing. This way, you can become an expert in doing say rehabs before jumping into wholesaling or something else.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you