New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Mason Schreck
Votes |
Midwest Member Intro.

Mason Schreck
Posted Sep 22 2022, 15:47

Well hello there! My name is Mason Schreck, I chose to follow the friendly outline provided at the top of this forum. I uploaded a profile picture (may or may not be an old wedding photo circa mid-Covid), and now I would like to introduce myself and my goals.

My wife and I recently sold a home we acquired in 2020 after it had appreciated significantly and have since taken the equity and are under contract on two homes in the Des Moines, Iowa area. My goals regarding BiggerPockets are to create and participate in vibrant communities and learn from those who have traversed similar paths ahead of my wife and I. 

The two properties under contract are a small (2 bed, 1 bath) newly renovated home in a historic district that we are hoping to utilize as a STR, and an older home (5 bed, 2 bath) near a private university that will require a large amount of rehab work. We hope to cashflow on the STR shortly after close, just take the time to clean, then move furniture in and get it listed.

I have spent an unhealthy amount of time following and reading numerous FIRE blogs, and podcasts for the last decade, however I am new to the BiggerPockets family and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future :)

Loading replies...