• Investor
  • Abilene, TX
Votes |
Bought my first property, now what?

Nicole Grant
  • Investor
  • Abilene, TX
Posted Nov 26 2013, 12:27

So, here goes it.. I bought my first investment property about a month ago. Its a small duplex located near a hospital and one of our universities its a cute place, but OLD. I put the property on craigslist as it has one tenant, but the other side is vacant. I had a young lady interested in the property, put in her application, I did a background check and credit check through a feature on USAA and told her she was accepted. Well, we were going to sign the contract (one I found online) on Friday and allow her to move in then. I got a call from her last night saying she wont be able to move. So, now I'm back to square one and thinking I probably need to get more educated on this landlord thing before I go any further. I had another applicant, but it was a young couple with a small baby and I don't feel like its a good place for a family. I would rather have just a single person in there, but maybe thats not for me to pass judgement. Looking to get insight from others with more experience!

Loading replies...