Current NFL Linebacker looking to get into small Multifamily

Current NFL Linebacker looking to get into small Multifamily

Developer · Nashville · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 34 votes

Hello, my name is Vince Biegel and I play linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens. I reside in South Florida and looking to get into small 3/4 unit multifamily units. Looking to learn. Talk with other similar investors in the area. Brokers. And advice from the BP group in investing in a new area. Thank you all!!!

16Reply
90 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y

Depending on the market here in Florida, MF may not provide you with the greatest return. As an investor and Broker, I recommend buying an opportunity - rather than a property type and choosing a market that provides both year-over-year property appreciation and rent price increase. Real estate investing is often misunderstood as something less than what it really is - creating, building, and managing a business to maximum return.  Congrats on having the insight to start a second (or more) business segment while you're in the prime of your career. 

Best...

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nick HarringtonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 28 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP @Vince Biegel, and go Ravens (my girlfriend is a die hard Ravens fan and now has me on the band wagon). 

    We're seeing a lot of out-of-state investors succeed in the greater Milwaukee area. Most out-of-state investors we work with are very attracted to MKE due to the immediate cash flow opportunities from low price points for multi-family and strong rents. I've heard similar things with Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Columbus. 

    Best of luck on the journey, let me know if I can ever be a resource to you! 

  • REALTOR, Investor, and Rehab Expert · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 74 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP @Vince Biegel. You will crush it. Hope yo meet you at the BP CON 2023 in ORLANDO!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 22 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the Forum, Vince! Also curious if you are looking to invest in Florida, Maryland, or somewhere else. As others have suggested, certain areas of Florida, such as S. Florida, may not have the largest cap rates yet will probably outperform similar assets in higher cash flow markets with regard to appreciation. Migration and job data have me bullish on many cities in FL over the next 5-10 years. 

    Good luck @Vince Biegel!

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Vince Biegel Are you looking in FL only or are you open to other markets? Insurance rates are pretty high in FL, especially on MF which nagatively impacts cash flow. We're active in the Quad Cities, namely Davenport IA with small and medium sized apartments and have had a lot of success there. Feel free to reach out if you'd like some insight on the market.

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vince Biegel:

    Hello, my name is Vince Biegel and I play linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens. I reside in South Florida and looking to get into small 3/4 unit multifamily units. Looking to learn. Talk with other similar investors in the area. Brokers. And advice from the BP group in investing in a new area. Thank you all!!!


     Welcome! And congrats on taking the first step by posting here. I'm in Orlando but happy to connect and share any knowledge and experience I can. 

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    3y

    Hi Vince, 

    Welcome to BP and real estate world!!!

    Baltimore is a great place to invest too, so if you have any questions about Baltimore market, there are many investors/agents  here in BP.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

  • Developer · Nashville · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 34 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ian Walsh:

    Having money when starting in this game can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you go about it.  I strongly suggest learning your market and learning to market and pretend you don't have any money.  If you make it on 10-20k, you will know exactly where to put your money once you have done 100+ deals or so.  Until then, it is likely risky to deploy a bunch of funds.

    Thank you for your advice Ian. 
  • Developer · Nashville · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 34 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Patricia Steiner:

    Depending on the market here in Florida, MF may not provide you with the greatest return. As an investor and Broker, I recommend buying an opportunity - rather than a property type and choosing a market that provides both year-over-year property appreciation and rent price increase. Real estate investing is often misunderstood as something less than what it really is - creating, building, and managing a business to maximum return.  Congrats on having the insight to start a second (or more) business segment while you're in the prime of your career. 

    Best...


    Thank you for your excellent information and knowledge. Appreciate your time 

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 135 posts · 106 votes
    3y

    @Vince Biegel - building some duplexes in Central Florida that I am holding as long term rentals. Eventually going to build a triplex or quad but all the land I’ve closed on thus far has been zoned for duplex and I don’t have the build plans for the bigger multi family yet. 

    Seeing some good off market land opportunities in some of the Florida Markets. 


    Best of luck!

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    3y

    @Vince Biegel welcome ! I can introduce you to another investor who is a former footballer and invests now. Send me a DM and I will connect you.

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Im in the midwest....lot of that around here....2 to 4 units. Open to connecting

  • Sam McCormackBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
    3y

    @Vince Biegel

    Hi Vince! Where are you looking to invest?

    Sam McCormack Realtor
    View Page
  • Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
    3y

    I'm an investor/agent in Tulsa, OK. Our state is great for investing and I work with a lof of out of state investors. I'd be happy to help if you want to jump on a call. Feel free to check out my profile for reviews and links to my youtube page

  • Realtor · Member since 2023 · 177 posts · 41 votes
    3y

    Hey Vince, Welcome to BP! Just the right place for helpful insights. Have you ever considered Southwest Florida?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    @Vince Biegel

    Hi Vince, if you're looking in the SWFL market, and you're willing to work with a Patriots fan (from Maine), I'd be happy to help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.