Votes
Brandon Victor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Hello surrounding Chicagoland area!

Brandon Victor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Mar 28 2023, 09:19

Good morning, my name is Brandon Victor. I'm twenty-one years old currently serving. I'm a go-getter at heart and I don't like to quit. I'm located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and aspire to be a landlord in the near future! If anyone is also located in the suburbs, I would love to gain firsthand knowledge or general advice for someone starting out!

User Stats

Votes
Marlon Fong
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Replied Mar 28 2023, 09:42

Welcome to the site @Brandon Victor! It's great to have you here.

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Wishing you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Victor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 28 2023, 09:57

Thank you for the recommendations! I look forward to meeting new people.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Apr 4 2023, 11:19

Hey @Brandon Victor - Awesome to meet you virtually through BP!  Amazing that you found real estate at such a young age, what are your plans over the next several years?  I'd love to help you out any way I can and make you a landlord sooner than later.

I am down in Chicago near Logan Sqaure, which suburb are you in?  (assuming Frankfort)  Include a couple of others near you so that way they can get picked up as keywords for other investors in those specific suburbs as well.

User Stats

Votes
Eudith Vacio
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago & NWI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago & NWI
Replied Apr 8 2023, 18:18

Hey @Brandon Victor - don't QUIT!

I love your hustle and ambition, definitely recommend exploring the areas in Chicago and attending meetups near you. 

Are you looking to house hack?

User Stats

Votes
Victor So
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 10 2023, 23:41
Quote from @Brandon Victor:

Good morning, my name is Brandon Victor. I'm twenty-one years old currently serving. I'm a go-getter at heart and I don't like to quit. I'm located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and aspire to be a landlord in the near future! If anyone is also located in the suburbs, I would love to gain firsthand knowledge or general advice for someone starting out!

Nice! 21 years old. Definitely househack! I started househacking 6 years ago when I was 32 years old. I wish I had started when I was your age. I've been househacking for 6 years straight. DM me if you have any questions on how to get started. 

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Stewart
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 12 2023, 06:21

Good morning Brandon, it's great to hear that you have a strong drive and determination to achieve your goals, and that you aspire to become a landlord in the near future. Being a landlord can be a rewarding career, and the earlier you start, the better.

If you're looking for advice on how to get started in the real estate industry, there are a few things you can do. First, it's important to research the local market in the southwest suburbs of Chicago to understand the current trends and demands for rental properties. This will help you to identify potential areas or neighborhoods where you can invest.

Next, learn as much about the real estate investing process as possible. Connect with as many professionals in your area as possible (brokers, property managers, RE attorneys, etc.) whether through these forums or at local networking events.

DM me if you have any questions of would like to chat. Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied Apr 13 2023, 04:16

@Brandon Victor welcome to the forums! I would look for local meetups where you can meet other investors. That is the single most impactful thing I did starting out as I was able to get good referrals for contractors and other vendors from fellow investors. There are many great meetups in the suburbs. I run one in the Berwyn/Oak Park area each month, and I know there are a few good ones further SW as well. 

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo