Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

New to Bigger Pockets – Seeking Advice and Connections

Michael Loperena
Posted Apr 18 2023, 13:26

Hello Bigger Pockets community!

My name is Michael, and I'm excited to join this fantastic forum to learn and connect with like-minded individuals. I'm currently based in San Jose, CA, and have a strong interest in multi-family properties as a means to achieve financial and locational freedom.

A little about me: I don't own any rental properties yet and am in the process of paying down $25k in debt from a failed business ($15k at 10% interest and $10k at 0% interest). I've been able to save about $1,500 per month while making minimum payments on those debts. My goal is to gain knowledge and form valuable relationships that can help us all find great deals.

I'm looking for advice from experienced investors, particularly those familiar with the California market. I'm feeling a bit discouraged by the high prices of multi-family properties in California and am considering the possibility of investing out of state. However, I find the idea of being able to visit my property without taking a flight quite appealing.

I'd appreciate any insights, tips, or guidance you all might have. Should I focus on out-of-state investing, or is there a way to make things work here in San Jose? I'm eager to learn from your experiences and wisdom.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I look forward to getting to know you all and contributing to the community!

Best regards,

Michael L

Loading replies...