Steve Croy
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
Hello from the Hudson Valley—on the verge of scaling

Steve Croy
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Posted Jun 4 2023, 16:40

Hi!

I'm an early-40s technologist that has worked a ton in finance, as well as a bunch of other industries, as part of my W2 employment. About 8 years ago, my wife and I decided to stop spending everything we earned and to start saving+investing for retirement. It took us about 6 years to hit our first million, and along the way to today we bought (with cash—both were absolute steals!) and mostly-DIY-restored two single-family homes, one of which we live in, and one which we just started renting out. We're sitting on a pile of liquidity and RE equity, and thinking about our next steps.

Along the way, I met and befriended one of the most in-demand GCs and craftsmen in southern NY. We've been talking for years about doing something together, and it's finally the time to make it happen by partnering up on some BRRR (including some straight builds). He's got an incredible network of subs, suppliers, and real estate contacts. I've got my own capital, as well as access to some HNW folks interested in investing when the time/return is right. My SIL has ~200 doors, so I've got an amazing mentor. Even considering all those advantages, I know I've probably got a lot of holes in my knowledge/experience that need filling—enter BiggerPockets! :-)

One of my investing friends introduced me to BP a long time ago when I started rehabbing houses. I figured now was the time to sign up, read up, and get as much advice as I can as I take this next (big) step forward! Glad to be here.

Loading replies...