• Real Estate Investor
  • Visalia, CA
Votes |
solo401k real estate investing

JOSE LIRA
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Visalia, CA
Posted Jan 23 2014, 11:27

Hello from Visalia California. My name is Jose M. Lira, I am still employed but hoping to retire soon.

I’ve been involved in real estate transactions for over 30 years mostly buying and selling small single family home rental properties. Unfortunately I sold most of my real estate thinking I could do better in the stock market, that didn’t end well. In looking back most of my real estate purchases and sells were profitable. I learn that to create a lasting revenue source I would do better in real estate and jumped back in. I just purchased a single family home and the rental after expenses in a good 10% yield. As I researched how to get myself out of the stock market in my retirement accounts and into other investing areas I discovered solo401k accounts. Now I am planning on adding a few homes into my retirement solo401k account. I joined BiggerPockets in hope of getting more information on what not to do in real estate and maybe contribute information on what mistakes I’ve made and my lessons learned. I also am interested in hearing how others are doing in real estate in solo401k’s. We’ll see.

Loading replies...