• Homeowner
  • toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Newbie from Toronto

Metin Guler
  • Homeowner
  • toronto, Ontario
Posted Mar 20 2014, 11:07

Hi Everyone. My name is Metin Guler. I'm a writer/filmmaker from Toronto, Canada. My wife and I have been thinking for years to invest in real estate, however because of our lack of knowledge in this field, and our own fears, it never went beyond the "thinking" phase.

We recently attended a Fortune Builders seminar, and signed up for one of their weekend long "Insiders Summit". This got us to start reading more about how to go about investing in real estate. I personally have my reservations about Fortune Builders (seems like a marketing scam to sell expensive courses), which led to me one of the forums here at BP. Seeing that there are many other ways to find investors to learn from, I've signed up to BP.

At this point, we are both novices. We are not yet sure about what type of real estate investing we would be interested to focus on. But our long term aim is to own a string of properties that can bring us a steady income so that we can focus on things we are passionate about. The site seems a bit overwhelming at first. We hope to learn as much as I can from the various resources the site provides as well as hopefully meet and learn from other more experienced investors especially from our area.

Loading replies...