New to investing

New to investing

Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 11 votes

Hey everyone, just turned 23 and want to get into real estate investing asap. I'm based in Chicago and want to start buying in Indiana where I currently have a Airbnb arbitrage unit(I pay rent). Feel free to  reach out - I'm always looking to learn and meet ppl!

7Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Payton HaightBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 124 posts · 86 votes
1y

hey Andrew! Welcome to BP and congrats on getting in to real estate investing. I wish I had started when I was 23, that is awesome. Where in Indiana are you looking to buy and what are your goals? Are you planning to buy more Airbnbs, long-term rentals, etc.

I self manage mid-term rentals and long-term rentals in central Illinois (Bloomington) and Ohio. Glad to answer any questions for you if I can.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Payton HaightBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 124 posts · 86 votes
    1y

    hey Andrew! Welcome to BP and congrats on getting in to real estate investing. I wish I had started when I was 23, that is awesome. Where in Indiana are you looking to buy and what are your goals? Are you planning to buy more Airbnbs, long-term rentals, etc.

    I self manage mid-term rentals and long-term rentals in central Illinois (Bloomington) and Ohio. Glad to answer any questions for you if I can.

  • Kristen L GarnerBusiness Member
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 451 posts · 287 votes
    1y

    Hi Andrew, welcome! I invest in Indiana from out of state as well. I'd be happy to connect.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Yo yo @Andrew Sangar - Welcome to the Chicago BP forums brother!  Tons of really awesome people on here.

    Highly suggest checking out some of the local real estate events:  https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-real-estate-events-...

    If you are going to keep buying in Indiana you should connect with @Eudith Vacio!

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew Sangar:

    Hey everyone, just turned 23 and want to get into real estate investing asap. I'm based in Chicago and want to start buying in Indiana where I currently have a Airbnb arbitrage unit(I pay rent). Feel free to  reach out - I'm always looking to learn and meet ppl!


     Welcome to the site!

  • Member since 2025 · 194 posts · 140 votes
    1y

    Congratulations on taking the leap into real estate investing! Starting young is a wise move, and you're setting yourself up for long-term success. As you begin this journey, it’s important to establish a solid asset protection strategy right from the start. Regardless of the type of investing you pursue, having a strong plan in place can safeguard you from legal complications tied to your investments and protect your personal assets in the event of a lawsuit. A well-structured asset protection plan can reduce the likelihood of litigation, help you resolve disputes more favorably, and prevent creditors from easily accessing your wealth. In fact, when done properly, it can make it very challenging for creditors to reach your assets by placing them beyond their immediate reach.

    Note: This information is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. No attorney-client, fiduciary, or professional relationship is established through this communication.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Andrew Sangar

    I'm not licensed in Indiana, but I can recommend a few investor-friendly agents in the area if you need a referral.

    • Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 11 votes
      1y

      @Paul De Luca that would be great! I'm specifically looking in the south bend area. If you know of anybody who's familiar with that area I'd appreciate the connect!

  • Lender · Chicago · Member since 2024 · 88 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    Great job with the Airbnb arbitrage. When it comes to purchasing a place is becomes much more complicated but I can send you in the right direction if you need a loan or a realtor that will get you the best deal possible. Add me as a connection and we can discuss what your options are.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Andrew Sangar:

    Hey everyone, just turned 23 and want to get into real estate investing asap. I'm based in Chicago and want to start buying in Indiana where I currently have a Airbnb arbitrage unit(I pay rent). Feel free to  reach out - I'm always looking to learn and meet ppl!

    Welcome Andrew, AirBnb arbitrage after 23 Y/O is awesome! Keep crushing it!
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Andrew! 

  • Lender · Chicago · Member since 2024 · 88 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    The app is not letting me send messages so feel free to DM.

  • Ryan RomingerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 340 posts · 144 votes
    1y

    That's awesome you’re getting into real estate at 23! Since you’re already familiar with Airbnb arbitrage in Indiana, that’s a great starting point. To scale, I’d suggest focusing on areas with strong rental demand and property appreciation potential. Start by finding a local agent who knows the Indiana market well, especially if you’re new to buying properties. Networking with other investors is a great way to learn and potentially find deals. Keep an eye on local trends to stay ahead, and don’t hesitate to ask questions as you go!

    Intrigue Real Estate & Property Management4.6285 Reviews
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome to BP Andrew and good luck investing!

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 168 posts · 62 votes
    1y

    Hey Andrew — welcome to the game and happy (belated?) 23rd!

    I'm a real estate agent here in Chicago, and it's awesome to see you already making moves with Airbnb arbitrage. Starting young and looking at Indiana for investing is a smart play—lots of opportunity over there. If you ever want to chat strategy, markets, or next steps, feel free to reach out. Always happy to connect with motivated investors!

    Let’s definitely keep in touch! #letsgo

    – Jarret

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.