• Zagreb, Croatia
Votes |
New user from Croatia (Europe)

Ronald Cvetkovic
  • Homeowner
  • Zagreb, Croatia
Posted May 7 2014, 05:33
Hi all!

First of all I would like to apologize for maybe not so good English. Like subject says I am not from USA and English is not my native language so there will be some mistakes in the future.

My name is Ronald Cvetkovic and I live in Zagreb, Croatia. I am 35 years old.

Professionally my daytime job is in telecom company. I am responsible for managing all sales partners that work for my company.
Privately I am married and have 6 month old daughter. My hobby is sea aquarium but also have parrot and cat.

Since I was kid, somehow I knew that USA is "my kind of country". When I finally came to visit that was just confirmed. I visited New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, Key West, Tampa, Clearwater etc. And especially since that visit I want to make some business in USA.

I am completely new to real estate business outside my country so I am aware that there will be A LOT of learning about everything in the future. I really don`t remember how I found out about biggerpockets but I think it was browsing internet and real estate topics.

The more I think about my goal in real estate, more I am not so sure what is it :) But let`s say that in some future I would like invest in buy and hold rental properties.

I know that owning and taking care of any kind of real estate across the ocean is much much more difficult than living in USA, but I think it can be done. This maybe sounds like mission impossible but from real estate business I am generally not asking much. In "near" future just for little help for my family in monthly finances.
Average salary for normal job in Croatia is around 1000 $ so you can imagine how much couple of hundred $ monthly is here. On the other hand, prices for real estate properties here are way too expensive for that salary. For example I purchased 495 square feet condo for 98000 $ few years ago, which is maybe not much for New York, but for Zagreb it is. Also rent that I can get for that condo is only 200 $. Maybe from example above you can get idea why I am interested in real estate in USA.

And of course, since I live in country that I love very much but don`t see progress in the future, maybe one day my daughter will come to study in USA... who knows :)

Sorry for longer introduction. Looking forward for learning, asking questions, connecting...

-Ronald

Loading replies...