Introduction to Community

Introduction to Community

Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hi! My name is Jenna and I'm ready to pivot from my current career and completely focus on REI. I'm excited to be here!

2Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Min ZhangBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7mo

My advice would be to start narrowing down your target market. One of the best ways to begin is by talking to your lender to understand your buying capacity. From there, you'll be able to filter markets based on price points and the type of property that fits your goals. Best of luck on your REI journey, Jenna!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2023 · 177 posts · 109 votes
    7mo

    Hi Jenna,

    Both the pleasure and honor to have you inside the community.

    What does your heart desire to build?

    From my experience - Real estate is a long haul. Sustainability wise anyway. Overnight success may occur but what are the chances it remains without plans, preparations and systems? Glad to hear you're seeking to pivot from your current career field. 

    People first. Service > Deals. You're already successful - just don't quit. Especially when it feels challenging. That's where the growth happens. ;)

    -Sarge

    • Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes
      7mo

      @Joshua Hardin thank you for the welcome!  I've reached the goal I set 15 years ago in my career in the mental health/behavioral health field, working with at risk youth in the foster care system so now is the time to change gears!

      My goal is to start an REI business to replace my current income. I'd love to get into multi family/apartments but may need to do some flips to build capital. Eventually I'd love to open a non profit and use rentals as part of a program for youth aging out of the foster care system, like independent living.

      What are your goals in the REI space?

    • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2023 · 177 posts · 109 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Jenna Moore:

      @Joshua Hardin thank you for the welcome!  I've reached the goal I set 15 years ago in my career in the mental health/behavioral health field, working with at risk youth in the foster care system so now is the time to change gears!

      My goal is to start an REI business to replace my current income. I'd love to get into multi family/apartments but may need to do some flips to build capital. Eventually I'd love to open a non profit and use rentals as part of a program for youth aging out of the foster care system, like independent living.

      What are your goals in the REI space?


       Jenna,

      Witness your success by reading back what you said. The doors are open for you - all you must do is walk inside and leave the door open gently for the next person. Sounds poetic - but it's truth.

      -Sarge

  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    7mo

    Welcome, Jenna! And big kudos to you for making the decision to pivot and go all in on real estate investing. That’s a big step and an exciting one!

    If I could share one piece of advice from both a professional property management perspective and as a small investor myself, it would be to build your team early. Find a solid agent, lender, and a trusted local property manager you can lean on for market insights, rental comps, screening practices, and what tenants in your area actually expect. Even if you plan to self-manage, those relationships will save you a lot of trial and error.

    Also spend time really learning your numbers and your local rental demand before jumping into a deal. That foundation will make everything else feel a lot less risky.

    Excited for you and this next chapter. And if you ever want to talk through professional property management questions down the road, I’m always happy to help point you in the right direction even if you end up investing outside of my market. Good luck & happy investing!

    RentWerx Property Management4.73300 Reviews
    • Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes
      7mo

      @Melanie Thomas thank you for the warm welcome and for sharing your insight, I appreciate it!  I'm approaching this with a long-term mindset and plan to invest nationally, so building strong relationships with agents, lenders, and property managers in multiple markets is part of my strategy.

      Currently I'm analyzing where the best markets are.  Your point about understanding tenant expectations and leaning on local experienced professionals helps me align my focus!

      I appreciate your willingness to be a resource and for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to learning alongside everyone here.

  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    My advice would be to start narrowing down your target market. One of the best ways to begin is by talking to your lender to understand your buying capacity. From there, you'll be able to filter markets based on price points and the type of property that fits your goals. Best of luck on your REI journey, Jenna!

  • Mike PaolucciBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2022 · 493 posts · 550 votes
    7mo

    Hey Jenna. Welcome to BP! 

  • Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7mo

    @Min Zhang Thank you for the advice!

  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    Welcome, Jenna. Take your time and educate yourself before jumping in. Best of luck 

  • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 79 votes
    7mo

    Welcome@Jenna Moore! Good to meet you. Where are you based out of? I'm in Southern California.

    • Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Garret Rumbea:

      Welcome@Jenna Moore! Good to meet you. Where are you based out of? I'm in Southern California.


      Hi Garret! I am from Gettysburg, PA. Currently looking at markets; I'd like to get into apartments for the long term but I am open to flips or BRRRR to build capital. I read you are originally form the east coast - where abouts?

    • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 79 votes
      7mo

      @Jenna Moore nice! Yeah originally from NY, then Philly, then Texas, and finally made it to CA. Still have family over in PA so I visit every once in a while. Happy to connect if it makes sense for you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.