New Member-Houston, TX

7 Replies

Hello, My name is Stephanie.

I am new to the real estate industry. I live in Houston, Texas and I am currently interested in wholesaling, so any advise and/or tips are most welcome. I'm grateful to be apart of this team. I really want to have my first deal by the first week of August. How do we get connected with buyers? If I find a deal, who do I reach out to?

Welcome to BP @Stephanie Walton

My thoughts are to find a mentor that does the thing you want to do. Make an agreement with them, and learn. In business, I have seen that a mentors history of others triumphs and failures can be learned from. Have a good job to raise the capital for the seed money, and on the night and weekends go find a real estate mentor and work with him/her for a while and see if you even like doing real estate work. Maybe even become a professional and get a real estate license. Then once you are confident in what you know. You will have the seed money for the deposit of the house and get your team together of buying properties and you are on your way to success.

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

@Stephanie Walton

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 70 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Welcome to BP @Stephanie Walton !

This is an awesome REI community. Don't be shy about posting questions. Someone will respond in a timely manner.

I am a wholesaler in Houston. Let me know how I can help you grow your business.

Happy Investing!

Renee

Hey @Stephanie Walton Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

Oh - and here are my favorite articles on Wholesaling:

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Fresno" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Welcome Stephanie. There are a lot of super helpful people and great advice on this site! I'm a 'fix and hold' investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! A lot of others doing flips, wholesaling, notes, everything. A few tips.

You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the 'vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are 'awards' to earn on your profile. The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and most importantly, the BP members! Welcome to BP, and good luck on your investments!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you