New to real estate investing!!! Need help in florida

3 Replies

im 24yrs old interested in getting into real estate. I live in tampa,fl i see theres plenty of opportunity here but i have no credit which is bad im very motivated to do whatever it takes to get started...CAN ANYONE HELP??? I will have alot of ????s. I have plenty of work history thats probably the only plus side i think. So let me know what to do...how long would it take to build credit for 1st buy

@Zoe Life  

You have no credit history...ok. Do you have any capital? Having no credit is actually much easier to overcome than having bad credit! Again, do you have any capital? What are your goals? What interests you about REI? Do you have a job? Is it stable? Do you have a good salary?

There are options.   Don't focus on what you don't have.  Let's leverage what you do have!

Hey @Zoe Life  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

Promotion
REI Nation
Turnkey Real Estate
Wondering how to safely invest in out-of-state real estate?
This 40-page eBook is your best resource for safe, profitable, passive real estate investing.
Download Now

I have family in the area and always see tons going on with property management and vacation rentals there.  Might not be your ultimate goal but it would be a way to get your foot in the door and start to understand the market a bit there if you go to work for one of them or start your own company and a decent way to build some capital at the same time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you