• Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
New member from Twin Cities Minnesota

Raj Gandhi
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Posted Oct 10 2014, 12:08

Hi all.  I discovered the BP podcast because my commute from the East metro to the North metro is terrible.  I needed something to listen to that was fresh, entertaining and informative.  The BP podcast is 2nd to "Sex with Emily"!

I'm an electrical engineer and have worked for some of the big biomedical companies for almost 20 years.  Several years ago I figured-out where that was going to get me... not very far.  I've tried investing in stock options and it is fun but there's lots of risk that I had trouble balancing. I'm still working for "the man" but counting the months until I don't.

Between 2010 and 2014, I purchased five rental units.  They are all twin homes (half of a duplex) with no association fee.  Recently my wife and I purchased a new home for ourselves and so our old home will be the sixth rental.  All are in Woodbury.  I'm managing one more rental unit for a friend-of-a-friend.

Due to the recent purchase of a new home for ourselves, I feel like I need to chill for the Winter.  I need to nurse the credit report and tax return for the next few months before I can borrow more money.  We've also had ongoing projects including getting #6 rented.  It will be nice to decrease stress for a while.  In the mean time, I've found BP and plan to use it to stay sharp financially. 

Loading replies...