Votes |
DJ's Ice Breaker on Bigger Pockets

DJ S.
  • Investor
  • Concord, NC
Posted Oct 30 2014, 12:15

Alright folks,

I finally have my Ice Breaker Post on BiggerPockets - to you Josh and Brandon

I've invested (VERY slowly) in real estate via MLS purchases since 2011 . I also managed the tenants myself. I recently moved for work and because I was in between IT contract roles (hired a property Mgr), I decided to fill my time with real estate meetups and potentially buying an HVAC business. At these meetups I networked and learned about 401k to invest in real estate. Rather than pay someone to link all the information, I decided to google Self Directed IRAs in September and thats how I discovered BiggerPockets . So far I've consumed the first 70 of the first 90 podcasts (high to low) in 2 months while I've shadowed a flipper, knocked on doors, networked etc to get my feet wet.

I want to extend a great gratitude to the BP community,

BENEFITS TO ME (not an exhaustive list):

1. Getting from A to B in Discounted RE Investment without paying almost $4000 for courses to link the steps.

2. Understanding Self Directed & Solo IRAs - Thanks @Dmitriy Fomichenko

3. Understanding Trusts - not completely yet :-)

4. Exposed to the 4-Hour Workweek - currently on page 11 @Joshua Dorkin

5. Came to conclusion on getting my RE License in the near future (Show23 @James Vermillion and others who gave reasons to get a license.

6. Purchased J Scott's "Flipping Houses And Estimating Rehabs" on BP to build confidence on potentially re-habing and flipping or holding a wholesale acquisitions. ( I did do a lil rehab on the 2nd duplex in MN)

DISADVANTAGES:

1. NONE

2. NONE

3. Did I stutter...I Said NONE.

Thanks Josh & Brandon. Thanks Everyone on the forums.

Now lets get cracking on this :-)

Loading replies...