New Investor from Nashville, TN.

25 Replies

Hey investors! I am happy to be finally posting and starting to try and get to know and develop great relationships with you all! I have been blowing through the podcasts and recommended books in the last month, and feel I am getting a good grasp on this whole investing thing. I just starting attending my local REI as well so if any of you attend the REIN I would love to officially meet you in the next meeting!

Quick backstory on myself... I started my own company when I was 24 (4 years ago) called iJunkiez, and now am lucky enough to be in the position where all my systems are in place and I don't have to put much sweat equity into it anymore. Now I have all the free time in the world and am wanting to put it all into real estate investing. Anyways, that is my quick intro and thanks for listening! Also, if anyone wants to meet up in Nashville for a drink or coffee I am game!

@Micah Copeland  

Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

All the best!

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

We are buy and hold investors and we got started at 23. We got started by buying an awful foreclosure living in it for a little over a year and gutting the inside. When we were transferred we rented it out and bought at our next duty station. There are so many ways to get started the key is to figure out what you want to do, wholesaling, buy and hold, note, etc. 

You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! Let me know if I can help! 

Originally posted by @Wayne Woodson:

@Micah Copeland  Welcome to BP and hope to see you at our next REIN meeting tomorrow.

Yes! I will be there tonight so I will keep an eye out for you to introduce myself!

Originally posted by @Elizabeth Colegrove:

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

We are buy and hold investors and we got started at 23. We got started by buying an awful foreclosure living in it for a little over a year and gutting the inside. When we were transferred we rented it out and bought at our next duty station. There are so many ways to get started the key is to figure out what you want to do, wholesaling, buy and hold, note, etc. 

You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! Let me know if I can help! 

Thats amazing! I am definitely interested in buy and hold so I will check out your blog!

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now
What type of homes are you looking for? Price? Originally posted by @Gary Michalske :

Welcome...please add me to your list as well.  I live in the 'boro and am looking for flips at the moment to raise capital.  But buy and holds are my long term strategy.

Please add me to your list! I'm a wholesaler in the Murfreesboro area as well. Let me know what you are looking for, I may be able to help us both out ! Originally posted by @Anthony Stephenson :

I'm a rehabber here in Murfreesboro. Fully funded and always looking for deals. If you have a ligament wholesale deal give me a shout!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you