New Investor from Nashville, TN.

New Investor from Nashville, TN.

Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes

Hey investors! I am happy to be finally posting and starting to try and get to know and develop great relationships with you all! I have been blowing through the podcasts and recommended books in the last month, and feel I am getting a good grasp on this whole investing thing. I just starting attending my local REI as well so if any of you attend the REIN I would love to officially meet you in the next meeting!

Quick backstory on myself... I started my own company when I was 24 (4 years ago) called iJunkiez, and now am lucky enough to be in the position where all my systems are in place and I don't have to put much sweat equity into it anymore. Now I have all the free time in the world and am wanting to put it all into real estate investing. Anyways, that is my quick intro and thanks for listening! Also, if anyone wants to meet up in Nashville for a drink or coffee I am game!

3Reply
74 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
11y

@Micah Copeland 

welcome to the site.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Micah Copeland 

    welcome to the site.

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Micah Copeland 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into it!

    Still trying to figure out how to tag people.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Micah Copeland - I'm in Cookevile, about 80 miles east of you.

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y

    @bryan L. 

    Great! I am familiar with Cookeville! How's the market going for you there? 

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 483 posts · 228 votes
    11y

    @Micah Copeland  Welcome to BP and hope to see you at our next REIN meeting tomorrow.

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    We are buy and hold investors and we got started at 23. We got started by buying an awful foreclosure living in it for a little over a year and gutting the inside. When we were transferred we rented it out and bought at our next duty station. There are so many ways to get started the key is to figure out what you want to do, wholesaling, buy and hold, note, etc. 

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! Let me know if I can help! 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi, Micah, and welcome. My husband and I just joined REIN and were at Monday's meeting. Hope to see you at one of the next!

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Wayne Woodson:

    @Micah Copeland  Welcome to BP and hope to see you at our next REIN meeting tomorrow.

     Yes! I will be there tonight so I will keep an eye out for you to introduce myself!

  • Sedona, AZ · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    @Micah Copeland Welcome to BP!

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Elizabeth Pagano McGuire:

    Hi, Micah, and welcome. My husband and I just joined REIN and were at Monday's meeting. Hope to see you at one of the next!

     Thats awesome! I hope to chat with yall at the next meeting. If yall are going tonight I will be there!

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Elizabeth Colegrove:

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    We are buy and hold investors and we got started at 23. We got started by buying an awful foreclosure living in it for a little over a year and gutting the inside. When we were transferred we rented it out and bought at our next duty station. There are so many ways to get started the key is to figure out what you want to do, wholesaling, buy and hold, note, etc. 

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! Let me know if I can help! 

     Thats amazing! I am definitely interested in buy and hold so I will check out your blog!

  • Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Hello Micah, I'm located in Murfreesboro. I'm new to real estate investing. I was wondering if you would let someone shadow you and learn how to wholesale? Thanks
  • Franklin, TN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Micah Copeland Are you still wholesaling? Where can I sign up for your list?
  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    10y

    @Dominic Sabre

    I am! Please message me your email address and I will gladly add you.

  • Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hello Everybody, I'm a local wholesaler as well in the Murfreesboro, TN area. Looking for more wholesalers to learn from!

  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    I'm a rehabber here in Murfreesboro. Fully funded and always looking for deals. If you have a ligament wholesale deal give me a shout!! 

  • Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Welcome...please add me to your list as well.  I live in the 'boro and am looking for flips at the moment to raise capital.  But buy and holds are my long term strategy.

  • Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    What type of homes are you looking for? Price? Originally posted by @Gary Michalske:

    Welcome...please add me to your list as well.  I live in the 'boro and am looking for flips at the moment to raise capital.  But buy and holds are my long term strategy.

  • Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Please add me to your list! I'm a wholesaler in the Murfreesboro area as well. Let me know what you are looking for, I may be able to help us both out ! Originally posted by @Anthony Stephenson:

    I'm a rehabber here in Murfreesboro. Fully funded and always looking for deals. If you have a ligament wholesale deal give me a shout!! 

  • Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Any of the following will do just fine but only if the price is right:

    Brick 3-2 SFH

    Duplex

    Triplex

    Quad or larger

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I'm coming into town this weekend for 4 days.  Would love any info on multi unit properties, 4 units and more. Any feedback is much appreciated!

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 107 votes
    9y

    @Anthony Stephenson Hi Anthony, do you primarily rehab SFH or do you rehab multi-family as well? Currently looking for a house hack.

  • Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    Hey James, I rehab single family residences mostly but not opposed to doing a multifamily if the numbers work. You got something?? 

  • Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 81 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    @Micah Copeland congrats on the success of iJunkiez! Real estate investing can be a ton of fun and incredibly lucrative.

    I wanted to invite you to this meet-up in Nashville: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/47...

    Hope you can make it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.