• Real Estate Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
New to everything

Nick May
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Dec 8 2014, 14:08

I was told about the Bigger Pockets Podcast just a few weeks ago.  I've listened to a few, and am glad I have found a place for answers.  My wife and I turned our last house into our first rental when we moved in April.  We had always wanted to do that, but it took a while to have the money needed to make a move AND keep the old house.  

Things have been going great, and we are almost ready to start looking for our next property.  We are in Denver, which I just found out is the actual home of Bigger Pockets.  

We are pretty conservative, so are not looking to do low money down deals, but are looking more long term.  We are $700/month positive on the rental we have, and are on a good clip to be able to have a healthy down payment on a house a year if we stay around the $250k mark.  

I am interested in learning more about multi-family properties, and potentially getting into a mixed use situation, as I have a painting business, and would love to get something that can be used for the business, as well as get a renter in.  

I know we have a lot to learn, but we are in no hurry as we know it is a marathon and not a sprint.  

Loading replies...